As we promised in the Pro Tools 2018.4 news story Pro Tools HD Ends - Avid Announce Pro Tools 2018.4 And Rebrand Pro Tools HD As Pro Tools Ultimate here is the full list of bug fixes included in the Pro Tools 2018.4 release which you should find in your Avid Master Account already.
- Fixed a crash when closing Pro Tools after modifying a track preset in the Workspace Browser
- Prevented a crash by not allowing playlists to be changed via a key command when a track is frozen
- Fixed a crash when setting a new target playlist after the previous one was deleted
- Fixed a crash that could occur after copying to a new playlist, switching playlists, and then undoing
- Fixed a crash when choosing to automatically find and relink a missing file after importing session data, but match candidates have a different unique ID
- Fixed a crash when recalling a track preset on an AOS track during playback
- Fixed an intermittent crash resulting from MIDI Preferences' Default Thru Instrument to "First selected MIDI track".
- Fixed an issue where audio in a fade could still be heard after another clip was moved on top of it.
- Fixed an issue where clips are not trimmed correctly when a clip covering the fade out of another clip is trimmed.
- Fixed a case where audio would fail to copy or consolidate with Import Session Data
- Volume automation can once again be imported from an AAF or OMF
- Clip panning in an AAF from Media Composer, that has default pan values, will now translate correctly
- Click II now opens with the correct default sounds and also corrects the order of available sounds
- Fixed an issue where updating Pro Tools versions on Windows could cause the video engine to fail to load
- The "Select Unused" command will once again select unused video clips in the Clip List
- Fixed an issue where some videos with a non-standard raster size would display as black in the video window
- Video will now properly link if a network or local volume is mounted with the name "Users"
- Exporting selected tracks as a new session will no longer force the video window open in the resulting session
- Reopening a session that was saved with the video window closed, will no longer open with the video window displayed
You can learn more about the other details of the Pro Tools 2018.4 release in our news story Pro Tools HD Ends - Avid Announce Pro Tools 2018.4 And Rebrand Pro Tools HD As Pro Tools Ultimate