Keeping hundreds of thousands of Pro Tools users with their differing needs for music and post production is an almost impossible if not a thankless task. However, it seems that Avid, the makers of Pro Tools, are trying hard to give Pro Tools users what they want.
Pro Tools Development
In the last year we have seen;
- Pro Tools 12.8 with Dolby Atmos integration and NEXIS optimisation (HD); workspace and project enhancements; Cloud Collaboration in Pro Tools First.
- Pro Tools 12.8.1 with stability improvements and zplane elastiqueAAX integration into TCE.
- Pro Tools 12.8.2 with Ambisonics VR Track support, Dolby Atmos enhancements, improved MIDI editing and recording features, Batch renaming features
- Pro Tools 2018.1 with iLok Cloud support, Track Presets, target playlist, retrospective MIDI record, MIDI Editing enhancements, EQ Curves in the Mix window, improved Import Session Data
- Pro Tools 2018.4 now Pro Tools | HD software is rebranded as "Pro Tools | Ultimate". Bug fixes and improved stability.
We think there seems to be a new attitude at Avid and we are optimistic about the new team they have and the pace of development, we've not been this optimistic in a long time.
Take Our Poll
But how do you feel? Do you feel more or less optimistic or about the same? We would be interested to see if there is a wider sense of optimism in the Pro Tools community. Of course please feel free to leave comments to explain your vote.