Avid has released the EUCON 2018.3 software update, which not only brings a number of major features to the Pro Tools S6 control surface but also includes new functionality and stability fixes across all EUCON-enabled control surfaces, including a new Unified Workstation software installer architecture.
The EUCON 2018.3 software update includes:
- The ability to connect the Pro Tools Control App to S6
- Multi-Workstation Softkey Macros for S6 that enable instantaneous control over multiple DAW’s
- New Unified Workstation Installer increasing reliability and efficiency
- Ability to save and load user Softkey Appsets from EuControl
- Performance enhancements to S6, particularly Layout Recall speed
- Flexible Auto Insert EQ and Dyn and Cycling preferences in Pro Tools
- Pro Tools Dock Knob acceleration and automation record feedback
- Meters on S6 Expand Faders
- Numerous bug fixes
Unified Workstation Installer
EUCON 2018.3 also introduces a single streamlined Unified Workstation Installer designed to prevent incompatible versions, stale preference files and several other issues. This release now follows the new Avid versioning of year and month (in the case of this release, “2018” for the year and “.3” for the month of release). This new versioning scheme has been extended to Pro Tools and other Avid software like Media Composer.
iPad Pro Tools Control App Working With Avid S6
One of the key features in Eucon 2018.3 is that S6 customers can now connect and use the iPad Control App with their S6 control surfaces. When used in conjunction with S6, the iPad app provides an extra set of Softkeys, as well as offering Transport Control and remote recording and monitor cue mixing.
Multiple DAW Softkey Macros for S6
If you work with multiple Pro Tools systems connected to your Avid S6, the new Multi DAW Softkey Macros should be a major workflow enhancement. Any combinations of commands and feedback can be sent to all your connected DAW’s simultaneously. Matching out of Automation across multiple DAWs is now possible. For example, you could match out on DAW’s 1 to 3, punch out of record on DAW 4, and save on all four DAW’s with a single Softkey press.
- Mac OS 10.10.3 or higher, including macOS High Sierra 10.13
- Window 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10
Qualified EUCON media applications:
- Avid Pro Tools 12.8 or later
- Avid Pro Tools | HD 12.8 or later
- Apple Logic Pro X
- Steinberg Cubase 8.5
- Steinberg Nuendo 7
Supported EuControl Control Surface Configurations
- Pro Tools | Control + Pro Tools | Dock + Pro Tools | S3
- Pro Tools | Control + Pro Tools | Dock + Artist Mix (up to 4) + Artist Color