Avid are continuing their drive to improve Pro Tools with regular releases. Following their version number change, Pro Tools 2018.3 is a March 2018 release and is a bug fix release to try and pick up on the various bugs that have dogged some of us. Here is the list of the bug fixes in the Pro Tools 2018.3 release.
- Control Surfaces
- The Pro Tools S6, and Pro Tools Control, now use the correct page table for the expand knob and fader assignment
- The page table for Dyn3 De-Esser now uses the correct page table on the Pro Tools S6 Knob Module
- The Pro Tools Control application will now reflect when tracks are hidden from Pro Tools S6 or Pro Tools
- Opt/Alt touching a fader, in flip mode, will once again set the console and Pro Tools fader to its default value
- Fixed a crash when cycling clips in a selection and then undoing
- Fixed a crash when a deleted committed track is cleared from undo queue
- Fixed a crash when recalling track presets to incompatible track types
- Fixed a crash when working in a project that has a shared collaborative track at the bottom of the tracks list
- Pro Tools will no longer crash on launch if it does not have write permissions to the Pro Tools Preset folder
- Brainworx Digital v3 no longer crashes Pro Tools when Mix Window EQ curve is shown
- Fixed an issue where cycling clips from another playlist could affect other preceding cycled clips
- Increased the speed for promoting clips, in playlist view, when multiple tracks are selected
- Fixed an issue where selecting "Do Not Import" for Main Playlist Options, in Import Session Data, did not correctly deselect several Track Data to Import options
- Fixed an issue where the HD driver would no longer work on Windows 8.1
- The Pro Tools HD driver can now be installed if secure boot is enabled on an EFI motherboard
- Key Commands
- Changed shortcut for retrospective MIDI command to Shift+Option+Z
- Fixed an issue where Shift+C did not display 'C' in the Mix window comments field
- Notes will now audition when using keyboard shortcuts to trim their velocity
- Tab to Transient no longer includes note OFFs
- LLM now working with surround monitoring
- Version info "2018.R1.0" mentioned on warning dialog when session created in 2018.1.0 is opened in older versions of ProTools which do not have some newer data (Clip Effects, etc.)
- Making a horizontal edit-selection across an edit-group is no longer sticky on Hi-Res displays.
Pro Tools 2018.3 On Its Way
All Pro Tools Standard and Pro Tools HD software users with an active upgrade plan or those on rental subscription plans should find the Pro Tools 2018.3 installers in your Avid Master Account, as well as in your Avid Application Manager very soon.
Have these bug fixes resolved any problems you had or are there still bugs in Pro Tools 2018 that are giving you grief? Do share your thoughts and experiences in the comments below...