Dan, Julian and Alan discuss two subjects which some of the community hold strong opinions about - Software subscription and the possibility of a driver to bring unsupported control surfaces back to Pro Tools. They answer questions from the community and share their finds of the week.
- Production Expert has teamed up with Pro Sound Effects to offer a one-off Exclusive Bundle Deal - The Cinematic Sound Effects Bundle, combining three sound effects libraries by the masters of sound effects - Ann Kroeber and Alan Splet, with an exclusive discount of over 30%. This bundle is totally exclusive to Production Expert, so get it before it’s gone!
- In modern vocal production … timing is everything. With that in mind, we are featuring this partner deal throughout March on the time alignment software VocALign Project 3. Until the end of March 2018, Synchro Arts are offering a 30% discount on all new licenses and upgrades making their VocALign Project 3 available for the lowest price it’s ever been in its 20-year history!
- Check out the deals from our Partners in the Partner Deals section of the Deals page.
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Looking to get that big analog console sound from your in the box mix? Well, if buy and register any new UAD‑2 DSP Accelerator between January 1st and March 31st, 2018 you will get the world’s most authentic Neve, API, SSL and UA console emulation plug-ins for Mac and Windows with a value of up to $1196, absolutely FREE as part of the UAD Classic Consoles plug-in promotion. Learn more on the Universal Audio website.
- If You Think Software Subscriptions Are Bad Then Read This
- Would You Like Your Pro Control Or Control 24 To Work With Pro Tools Again? Neyrinck May Have The Answer
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
RSPE Audio has the new PMC result6 studio monitors in stock. result6 is PMC’s new entry-level monitor that takes everything PMC monitoring is famous for and makes it affordable! Contact RSPE or visit rspeaudio.com to learn more about result6.
- Yvo Van Gemert - Has a questions about why his Mac Pro running HD Native doesn't allocate the processing load evenly across all his cores.
Questions From The Community
- Dave - Wants advice on how to fix AAE error 7054 in Pro Tools
- Richard Gangi - Is experiencing lag and performance issues on PT 12,5,2 on a Mac Pro
- Jacob Haine - Asks whether Pro Tools 10 work with Windows 10 Pro?
Source Connect Now
As you may know, we are spread out around the UK & Europe when we record the podcast. In the past, we have used a variety of internet-based solutions so we could hear each other. We have settled on Source Connect Now which gives us ISDN equivalent quality audio using a Chrome browser, no software to install. You can get a free account from Source Elements.
Find Of The Week - Sponsored By UJAM
UJAM Instruments’ innovative Virtual Drummer and Virtual Guitarist music production plug-ins are now available as AAX plug-ins for Pro Tools so Pro Tools users can now enjoy the simplicity and versatility of these excellent instruments. Get what you need from your drummer or guitarist in the minimum of time.
- Julian - Ujam Solid. Loved it. See my review.
- Alan - Find of the week turned into a cautionary tale. Basically, to cut a long story short, make sure if you buy a Windows laptop, that you are the very first person to fire it up...
- Dan - Tegeler Audio Manufaktur Raumzeitmaschine Tube Reverb