Russ, Dan and Julian get together for the first podcast of the year with discussions about our predictions for 2018, software piracy, competitions and our first finds of the week of the new year.
Check out the deals from our Partners in the Partner Deals section of the Deals page.
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Looking to get that big analog console sound from your in the box mix? Well, if buy and register any new UAD‑2 DSP Accelerator between January 1st and March 31st, 2018 you will get the world’s most authentic Neve, API, SSL and UA console emulation plug-ins for Mac and Windows with a value of up to $1196, absolutely FREE as part of the UAD Classic Consoles plug-in promotion. Learn more on the Universal Audio website.
- 5 Audio Recording Industry Predictions For 2018
- 10 years ago this year Russ Hughes started the AIR Users blog, which morphed into Pro Tools Expert in 2012. To kick off our year of celebrations we are running a competition with a Pro Audio gear and software prize pot worth over $28,000. We wanted to give you the option to win one of 18 great prizes in this anniversary prize draw competition, so check the list of great prizes on our win page.
- Don’t forget to check out our win page, to discover more opportunities to win pro audio software and gear from our Partners, in the Partner Win section, on our Win page.
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
If you are looking to give your studio the power to Create, Edit, Mix, Master and Deliver Dolby Atmos content, then check out our friends at RSPE, as for over 15 years, they have been a proud Dolby Professional dealer and installer, and they are one of a handful of dealers who can supply the Dolby Atmos Mastering Suite. More details available from RSPE Audio Solutions.
- Harmen Sipkema has a suggestion about running some standardised performance tests on computers running OSX and Windows
- Victor Sanders got in touch with an idea about running a poll about most requested features from the Avid Ideascale.
- Cody Skully wondered whether anyone has developed an undo history feature for AudioSuite renders
- Anel Garcia wanted to offer feedback on the recent content about women in the audio industry.
- Boris Milan gave us an update on what he finally did after getting in touch some time about upgrading his HD6 Accel system.
Questions From The Community
- Erich Bergendorff has a question about performance issues on his windows system.
- Martin Welch got in touch wondering about how to apply effects to specific clips or sections of a track.
Source Connect Now
As you may know, we are spread out around the UK & Europe when we record the podcast. In the past, we have used a variety of internet-based solutions so we could hear each other. We have settled on Source Connect Now which gives us ISDN equivalent quality audio using a Chrome browser, no software to install. You can get a free account from Source Elements.