Mike, Dan and Julian get together with discussions about the venerable C|24, our case study on building a powerful, inexpensive PC based system, competitions answering questions from the community and sharing our finds of the week.
- Check out the deals from our Partners in the Partner Deals section of the Deals page.
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Looking to get that big analog console sound from your in the box mix? Well, if buy and register any new UAD‑2 DSP Accelerator between January 1st and March 31st, 2018 you will get the world’s most authentic Neve, API, SSL and UA console emulation plug-ins for Mac and Windows with a value of up to $1196, absolutely FREE as part of the UAD Classic Consoles plug-in promotion. Learn more on the Universal Audio website.
- 10 years ago this year Russ Hughes started the AIR Users blog, which morphed into Pro Tools Expert in 2012. To kick off our year of celebrations we are running a competition with a Pro Audio gear and software prize pot worth over $28,000. We wanted to give you the option to win one of 18 great prizes in this anniversary prize draw competition, so check the list of great prizes on our win page.
- Don’t forget to check out our win page, to discover more opportunities to win pro audio software and gear from our Partners, in the Partner Win section, on our Win page.
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
If you’re attending the NAMM show, why not visit RSPE Audio at Booth #16117 where you will be able to see some of what the PMC Flagship Boutique has to offer, as well as hear the new result6 monitors in the ASC Attackwall acoustic environment. Check out the link in the podcast notes.
- Bill Gould - got in touch regarding Dan's article about subwoofers asking about the furniture he used in his studio. If you want to see the stands involved follow these links:
Questions From The Community
- Rowan Bishop - asks our opinion on the suitability of the Mac Mini as a Pro Tools machine
- Tom Jenkins - wants to know why he doesn't have the Avid Tape Echo plug-in as part of the Complete Plug-in bundle.
- Wayde Young - wants to know more about Dan's use of Melodyne
- Rhys Warden - isn't sure how to upgrade to PT12 from PT10
- Teodor Amanović Toš - isn't happy with his decision to move from PT HD 8 to PT 10 on his with his ageing Mac.
Source Connect Now
As you may know, we are spread out around the UK & Europe when we record the podcast. In the past, we have used a variety of internet-based solutions so we could hear each other. We have settled on Source Connect Now which gives us ISDN equivalent quality audio using a Chrome browser, no software to install. You can get a free account from Source Elements.
Find Of The Week
- Julian - Bassdude from Plugin Alliance
- Dan - NAMM 2018
- Mike - MasterCheck Pro V1.5 supports Apple AAC (Advanced Audio Coding) iTunes Plus native OS X codec and Peak to Short Term Ratio