Mike, Dan and James get together with discussions about our relationship with the gear we own. Avid's engagement with their community, competitions and our finds of the week.
Check out the deals from our Partners in the Partner Deals section of the Deals page.
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Looking to get that big analog console sound from your in the box mix? Well, if buy and register any new UAD‑2 DSP Accelerator between January 1st and March 31st, 2018 you will get the world’s most authentic Neve, API, SSL and UA console emulation plug-ins for Mac and Windows with a value of up to $1196, absolutely FREE as part of the UAD Classic Consoles plug-in promotion. Learn more on the Universal Audio website.
- 10 years ago this year Russ Hughes started the AIR Users blog, which morphed into Pro Tools Expert in 2012. To kick off our year of celebrations we are running a competition with a Pro Audio gear and software prize pot worth over $28,000. We wanted to give you the option to win one of 18 great prizes in this anniversary prize draw competition, so check the list of great prizes on our win page.
- Don’t forget to also check out our win page, to discover more opportunities to win pro audio software and gear from our Partners, in the Partner Win section, on our Win page.
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
If you are looking to give your studio the power to Create, Edit, Mix, Master and Deliver Dolby Atmos content, then check out our friends at RSPE, as for over 15 years, they have been a proud Dolby Professional dealer and installer, and they are one of a handful of dealers who can supply the Dolby Atmos Mastering Suite. More details available from RSPE Audio Solutions.
Dan Lawrence Chandler - Has a question about the Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor
Questions From The Community
- Boris Milan - wants to upgrade his microphone
- James White - needs advice about upgrading his HD system
- Janne Vaittinen - is looking for a whole vocal chain, what do we recommend?
- George Majerus - would like a better alternative to manually editing laughter tracks
Source Connect Now
As you may know, we are spread out around the UK & Europe when we record the podcast. In the past, we have used a variety of internet-based solutions so we could hear each other. We have settled on Source Connect Now which gives us ISDN equivalent quality audio using a Chrome browser, no software to install. You can get a free account from Source Elements.
Find Of The Week
- Mike - Alan’s article - Case Study - Building A Low Cost Cross Platform Host Computer For Pro Tools which we will have published by the time you listen to this podcast
- James - Warm Audio WA-2A (LA-2A clone)
- Dan - Adam sub8