10 years ago this year Russ Hughes started the AIR Users blog, which morphed into Pro Tools Expert in 2012. To kick off our year of celebrations we are running a competition with a Pro Audio gear and software prize pot worth over $28,000.
Enter The Pro Tools Expert 10th Anniversary Competition to be in with the chance of winning the stunning new EastWest Hollywood Choirs Diamond Edition worth $620.
What is Hollywood Choirs Diamond Edition
Hollywood Choirs is a brand new sample library of beautifully recorded choirs in virtual instrument form from Doug Rogers and Nick Phoenix who have produced some of the most popular sample libraries for the EastWest collection.
Featuring blockbuster female and male choir with unprecedented dynamics that will instantly transform your next project into a cinematic masterpiece.
One of the features that makes Hollywood Choirs as amazing as it is, is the new WordBuilder 2. WordBuilder allows the composer to type in any word or phrase and have it sung by the choir. Additional phonemes were recorded for Hollywood Choirs resulting in improved realism and support for more languages. You can now sync WordBuilder to your DAW so it follows the track making it even easier to create massive lyrical soundtracks. The new group Instrument loading avoids having to load up to 13 separate Instruments, and there are many more behind the scenes improvements making Hollywood Choirs even faster and easier to use.
Hollywood Choirs also includes 110 new editable pre-built WordBuilder phrases in English, German, and Latin that are exclusive to this product, and that can be quickly and effortlessly dropped into your mix or used as a starting point to create your own custom phrases.
The Diamond Edition includes a 13 user-controllable microphone setups (including a Neumann Dummy Head) designed for surround sound and virtual reality, an essential feature for film, TV, and game composers.
You can check out the official EastWest Hollywood Choirs training video in the link below.
Hollywood Choirs Main Features
- A collection of men and women choir instruments
- A WordBuilder program that turns text into sung words
- Approximately 59 GB of 24-bit, 44.1 kHz samples, All Mixes (Diamond Edition); 8 GB of 16-bit, 44.1 kHz samples, Main Mix (Gold Edition); 16 GB of 16-bit, 44.1 kHz samples, Main and Surround Mixes (ComposerCloud Gold X Edition)
- EastWest's PLAY 6 Software including a new instrument search database (earlier PLAY versions are not supported with this library)
- A license that identifies the product you purchased
- Hollywood Choirs and PLAY 6 User Manuals (PDFs)
- An Installation Center application to set up the virtual instrument, PLAY software, and documentation
- An iLok key is no longer required, but an iLok account is required for a machine-based (electronic) license to be placed on your computer. Optionally, you may also place the license on an iLok hardware key (not supplied) for portability. An internet connection is required for a one-time product activation.
The Differences Between the Diamond, Gold and Gold X Editions
- Diamond Edition of Hollywood Choirs contains approximately 59 GB of 24-bit, 44.1 kHz samples, featuring 5 Microphone Mixes: Main, Close, Stage, Mid, and Surround.
- Gold Edition of Hollywood Choirs contains 8 GB of 16-bit, 44.1 kHz samples, featuring the Main Microphone Mix.
- ComposerCloud Gold X Edition of Hollywood Choirs is 16 GB of 16-bit, 44.1 kHz samples, featuring the Main and Surround Microphone Mixes.
You can find out more about the amazing sounding EastWest Hollywood Choirs Diamond Edition by visiting the EastWest website.
Peter Walters Wins The EastWest Hollywood Choirs Diamond Edition Worth $620
We are very pleased to announce that Peter Walters of Northampton, UK has won the EastWest Hollywood Choirs Diamond Edition Worth $620 in the Pro Tools Expert 10th Anniversary Prize Draw.
I have been making music for many years, with my output spread across different genres. I am the keyboard player for The Hotel Whiskey Foxtrot band but also write for choirs and schools. A authorised musical adaptation (with book by Alex Cooper) of Roald Dahl’s ‘The Witches’ achieves it’s second production in early 2018, while my version of Hans Christian Anderson’s ‘The Snow Queen’ was performed with a choir of 350 school children in Northampton’s Derngate Auditorium. My works for adult SATB choirs have been performed in London and New York. I also write music for picture, with award-winning scores for short films and trailers. An early score co-written with Paul Hedges was broadcast on Thames TV having won national awards. I have written and arranged for a notable Bengali singer with performances at festivals and on a Sky TV channel.
I work from a home project studio based around a MacPro Tools set up, with the Roland Studio Capture 16x10 Audio interface, with Avid Artist externals, and NI Komplete Kontrol keyboard, as well as Moog, Roland, Oberheim, and Kawai synths and pianos.
Hollywood Choirs will be brilliant for my choral writing. While there are many choir sample sets most really do not pass as the real thing while this looks nearer to that goal than any I have come across. I am particularly interested in the new Word Builder. The holy grail for writers of choral music is to find a way of convincingly mock-up choral settings - this with full texts. I will then explore how close this product comes to that longhand goal! It will be very well used day to day in my compositional work.
Once again we would like to congratulate Peter on winning the EastWest Hollywood Choirs Diamond Edition and if you would like to be in with a chance of winning software and gear from our partners then check out the Partner Win section of our Win page.