Russ, Dan, and James discuss the recent changes on the Expert Sites, whether gear is always our friend and the effect of sound quality on how listeners perceive information. They answer your questions, share community feedback, and their finds of the week.
- Don’t forget to check out the deals from our Partners on our Deals page.
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Looking for a new audio interface? Well, for a limited time, you can buy a Universal Audio rackmount Apollo interface, that’s the Apollo 8, 8p, 16, or Apollo FireWire, from an authorized UA retailer at an unprecedented savings of up to 20% off the RRP. This offer is valid until September 15th 2018.
You can find out more about this deal by visiting UAudio.com.
- What the hell has happened to the Expert sites recently?
- Help I’ve lost my idea! Too much gear, not enough idea…
- In sound we trust…
- Win All The UJAM Instruments Worth Over $1000. Our friends at UJAM are offering a chance to win the entire UJAM product line in our August giveaway.
- Don’t forget to check out more opportunities to win pro audio software and gear from our Partners, in the Partner Win section, on our Win page.
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
RSPE is proud to announce the new ASC Nano AttackWall. It’s a mini version of the ASC AttackWall that takes all of the acoustic benefits of its bigger brother and shrinks them down to fit on your desktop. Get a reliable, repeatable, and accurate sonic space that’s extremely portable, so you can take it with you when you move or work in another studio. Learn more at RSPE website.
- Dave Wraight offered some feedback on the discussion in Podcast 332 about moving to PC from Macs
- Raymond Alley wants to know about a stereo linking mod on the Warm Audio WA 76
Questions From The Community
- Chris Zane wants to know the best way to route instruments from Logic into Pro Tools
- Mumo Lem’uel has a question about running two sets of monitors without a monitor controller, one pair via spdif.
Source Connect Now
As you may know, we are spread out around the UK & Europe when we record the podcast. In the past, we have used a variety of internet-based solutions so we could hear each other. We have settled on Source Connect Now which gives us ISDN equivalent quality audio using a Chrome browser, no software to install. You can get a free account from Source Elements.
Find Of The Week - Sponsored By UJAM
UJAM Instruments’ innovative Virtual Drummer and Virtual Guitarist music production plug-ins are now available as AAX plug-ins for Pro Tools so Pro Tools users can now enjoy the simplicity and versatility of these excellent instruments. Get what you need from your drummer or guitarist in the minimum of time.