Russ, James and Julian discuss the results of our Pro Tools satisfaction survey, the role of workflow when developing new products, our newest team member Woody Brown and they answer questions from the community and share their finds of the week.
- Production Expert has teamed up with Signum Audio to offer the community their brand new product - the Bute Loudness Suite at a 20% discount, so that's £199 (ex taxes) for the Surround version and £159 (ex taxes) for the Stereo version.
- Check out the deals from our Partners in the Partner Deals section of the Deals page.
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Do your vocal recordings need more shine? Are you in the market for a new audio interface? Well if the answer to those questions is yes, now could be a very good time to buy a Universal Audio Apollo Twin as part of UA’s Apollo Twin Platinum Vocal Promotion.
- Buy an Apollo Twin MkII SOLO and get Antares Auto-Tune Realtime free
- Buy an Apollo Twin MkII DUO or USB and get Antares Auto-Tune and the Manley VOXBOX plug-ins free
- Buy an Apollo Twin MkII QUAD and get Antares Auto-Tune, Manley VOXBOX, and Pure Plate Reverb plug-ins all for free
You can find out more about this and other deals the Universal Audio team are running by visiting UAudio.com.
- Don’t forget to check out more opportunities to win pro audio software and gear from our Partners, in the Partner Win section, on our Win page.
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
RSPE is proud to announce the new ASC Nano AttackWall. It’s a mini version of the ASC AttackWall that takes all of the acoustic benefits of its bigger brother and shrinks them down to fit on your desktop. Get a reliable, repeatable, and accurate sonic space that’s extremely portable, so you can take it with you when you move or work in another studio. Learn more at RSPE website.
Dave Wraight - Has a UK specific tip, Electronics retailer Maplin are selling off stock prior to their closure - for example 3m thunderbolt cables for £12.
Questions From The Community
- John Doe - Not his real name wants advice about strategies for mixing with hearing loss in one ear.
- Alfie Holloway - Gets a surprise offer from Russ when asking about locating a hardware DBX160 for some research.
Kane Bennett - Wants to hear opinions about the potential downsides to moving from a Mac running Pro Tools with an Apollo to a PC running Studio One with a Quantum
Source Connect Now
As you may know, we are spread out around the UK & Europe when we record the podcast. In the past, we have used a variety of internet-based solutions so we could hear each other. We have settled on Source Connect Now which gives us ISDN equivalent quality audio using a Chrome browser, no software to install. You can get a free account from Source Elements.
Find Of The Week - Sponsored By UJAM
UJAM Instruments’ innovative Virtual Drummer and Virtual Guitarist music production plug-ins are now available as AAX plug-ins for Pro Tools so Pro Tools users can now enjoy the simplicity and versatility of these excellent instruments. Get what you need from your drummer or guitarist in the minimum of time.