In this free video tutorial, you will learn about how to change the keyboard focus in Pro tools using, rather appropriately, the keyboard.
What is Keyboard Focus?
By using keyboard focus you can bring a powerful set of single key shortcuts into play, the best known are the Command Focus keystrokes - the ones on the Pro Tools shortcut keyboards, but there are others. The ones I use most commonly are the group enable/disable but group letter shortcuts which can be enabled by clicking on the "a-z" in the top right of the groups pane in the lefthand sidebar and clips can be quickly selected by typing the first few letters of their names if the clips list is focussed.
Change Focus Using Keystrokes
- Command Keyboard Focus - CMD+Option+1
- Clip List Keyboard Focus - CMD+Option+2
- Group List Keyboard Focus - CMD+Option+3
- Command Keyboard Focus - Control+Alt+1
- Clip List Keyboard Focus - Control+Alt+2
- Group List Keyboard Focus - Control+Alt+3
Watch the free video to see this in action.