Plugin Alliance has updated the already excellent bx_console, a realistic model of the rare 72-channel Neve VXS analog console. Now, the new bx_console N builds on the original plugin’s Neve console emulation by adding two new features: per-channel saturation control, and one-click random channel assignments across every instance of bx_console N in your mix.
bx_console N doesn’t give you 72 copies of one Neve mixer channel. Thanks to Brainworx’s Tolerance Modeling Technology, every one of bx_console N’s selectable 72 channels simulates a different Neve VXS channel by modelling the slight channel-to-channel variations in the values of its analogue components.
With the recent release on the SSL emulating bx_console E and bx_console G, bx_console N replaces the previous bx_console plug-in and introduces some key features found on the E and G but not on the original bx_console Neve emulation
- Channel randomisation feature allows any instance–or collection of instances–to be randomly assigned one of 72 TMT channels in the plugin
- Continuously variable THD control adds colourful saturation independently per channel
- Models the rare, large-format Neve VXS analog mixing console, offering 72 different channels
- Channel randomization feature allows any instance–or collection of instances–to be randomly assigned one of 72 TMT channels in the plugin
- Full-featured channel strip includes a Compressor/Limiter, Expander/Gate, 4-band EQ, and wide-ranging High Pass and Low Pass filters
- Tolerance Modeling Technology (TMT, Patent Pending) simulates channel-to-channel variances in electronic components for the most realistic analog sound
- EQ can be placed before or after the Dynamics section (Compressor/Limiter and Expander/Gate) in the audio path, or routed to the Dynamics’ sidechain
- Frequency ranges for the High Pass and Low Pass filters can be independently shifted by a factor of three, greatly expanding tone-shaping capabilities
- Compressor/Limiter features continuously variable Threshold, Ratio, Release, (makeup) Gain, and wet/dry Mix controls; an adjustable threshold control for a secondary, exponential release function; an auto-release mode; two alternate attack times and threshold ranges; and a dedicated, continuously variable High Pass filter in its sidechain
- Compressor/Limiter allows linking all channels (stereo or surround) within a single multi-channel plugin instance
- Expander/Gate features continuously variable Threshold, Range and Release controls; two alternate Threshold ranges; and a Fast-attack switch
- Gate features continuously variable Hysteresis control that prevents on-off chattering when input signal level fluctuates around the threshold
- Invert function lets you hear just the portion of signal that will be gated or expanded, helping you quickly set the most effective threshold
- Expander/Gate can be keyed by an external sidechain input signal
- Continuously variable THD control adds colorful saturation independently per channel
- Continuously variable Virtual Gain control adds simulated analog noise independently per channel for extra analog vibe
- Comprehensive metering and monitoring facilities incl. M/S solo features
- EUCON parameter mapping provided for Avid console controllers, including the S6 and S6L
bx_console N is available exclusively through Plugin Alliance.