In this week's Friday Free Plug-in, we are featuring Arcade Tech Preview Suite from Coronal, plug-ins which encode and decode 3D audio formats such as Ambisonics to Binaural stereo. This suite has recently beed updated to version 2 with various improvements over the prior version.
The Suite consists of three plug-ins:
- FOA, an ambisonic panner
- ARCADE Encoder, that encodes a 3D audio scene on a stereo carrier
- ARCADE Decoder, that decodes an ARCADE-encoded 3D audio scene.
Key ARCADE Features
- Transmits full 3D audio scenes over stereo channels
- Supports most input formats:
- Channel-based: Auro-3D, Surround
- Scene-based: Ambisonics
- Supports further stereo compression codecs: MP3, AAC, OGG Vorbis, OGG Opus…
- Supports multiple, simultaneous decoding formats:
- Binaural (personalised, head tracked)
- Auro-3D, Auro-Max, Atmos, NHK 22.2, all surround formats (not included in this tech preview)
- Stereo-compatibility: ARCADE-encoded audio can still be played back on standard stereo devices and compressed with audio compression algorithms.
How Do I Get This Plug-in?
Go to the Coronal Website where you will find download links for a Mac only installer, completely free.