Our friends at Waves have just released a new drum tone shifter plug-in called Torque. Waves say Torque can be used to enhance the tone of drums such as snares, toms, kicks...even the entire drum kit, which sounds exciting! Waves claim that Torque can produce very natural sounding enhancement that no other pitch shifter plug-in can achieve. Watch Waves video introduction of Torque to hear what it is capable of...
Torque looks very unique, it looks as though it'll do a great job re-tuning the pitch of drum shells that need better focus in a mix. Like many other of Waves recent plug-ins, Torque is zero latency and features a no-nonsense GUI for ease of use. We'll take a look at Torque over the next few weeks and post a free tutorial of Torque to show you how you can use it to retune your drum recordings.
- Tone shifter for acoustic and electronic drums
- Adjusts drum timbre & pitch without retriggering or replacing
- Accurately shifts by +/- 1200 cents (12 semitones / 1 octave)
- Focus section for precision formant/frequency control
- Precision threshold & trim controls
- Torque Live component with zero latency
- Driven by Waves’ Organic ReSynthesis® technology
Waves are offering Torque at a very reasonable introductory price of $29 (regular $69). Visit the Waves website for more information on Torque and to download the demo.