Watch out for two new tutorial videos from EdiLoad creator Mark Franken showing how you can use the new features to more easily handle multiple time stamped WAV files.
New Features in EdiLoad v3.4.1
- WAV File List Window
- Option to Export Pro Tools session assigning clips by WAV file channel name and number (see video below)
- Additional columns to displays Channel, Scene, Take and Project details from WAV file metadata
- New button to export displayed data as an Excel file
- New button to export an ALE file. Use this to conform the sync sound for picture EDL (see video below)
- Fix to allow the load of WAV files that do not contain metadata
- Fix to display user timestamps correctly
- Fix to calculate the timestamps of 23.976 and 29.97 FPS WAV files correctly
- During ALE file load, added option to select either the 'Tape' or 'Soundroll' column when both are present
- Added option to drop ALE files onto Match Roll Name and Match File Name windows as an alternative to scanning all WAV files
- In the Create Scene Change Track window, the Column Transfer window can now be used instead of 'Scene Numbers' tab controls
NOTE: This update requires either a Mac running OS X 10.7 and above or a PC running Windows 7 and above.
Existing users can do to the Sounds In Sync Downloads page and get v3.4.1. If you haven't tried EdiLoad before you can download v3.4.1 and then click on the Try button when you first run EdiLoad. This will give you a 3-day trial. To extend a trial, contact Sounds In Sync and provide your iLok user ID and they can extend the trial for a little longer.
What Is EdiLoad?
EdiLoad is an application that allows sound editors and mixers to perform a variety of time-saving tasks. From re-conforming (re-cutting) a Pro Tools session following picture changes to conforming (assembling) location WAV files in Pro Tools, EdiLoad is designed to streamline the workflow of any film or television sound-post production.
At its heart EdiLoad manipulates edit lists through its filter, batch modify and cleaning controls. With its ability to import and export Pro Tools sessions, new work-flows can be created to automate repetitive tasks or enable new processes on custom productions.
You can learn more about EdiLoad in our series of articles on conforming and re-conforming.