In this series of free video tutorials produced by Avid, you will learn how to get started with Pro Tools First, the free version of Pro Tools. Before you start this series make sure you have downloaded and installed Pro Tools First and also have an audio interface connected.
In this 1st video, you learnt how to use templates to get you going quickly. Templates are common in a wide range of applications, including desktop publishing, web site design, and audio recording and production.
In the 3rd video, you learnt how to create an audio track to record an acoustic guitar part, how you can use Grid and Slip modes to move clips around the session, as well as how you can duplicate clips or use clip looping.
Building The Tracks And In-App Marketplace
Now we have a guitar part as well as a basic beat and rhythm. In this 4th video in the series, you will learn how to take the basic song and beef it up using instrument plug-ins, maybe replace some of the basic instrument Xpand2 sounds, or add new sounds by renting or buying them from the Avid Marketplace all from inside Pro Tools First. There is no need to leave Pro Tools and go to the Avid Store or other 3rd party stores.
See how easy it is to buy and install the First AIR Instruments Bundle from within the Marketplace window inside Pro Tools First.
What if you open a session that using some plug-ins you don't have? In this video, you will learn now you can rent or purchase the missing plug-ins.
Learn how to use Mirrored MIDI editing so that on a track where you have a MIDI part looped using clip looping any changes you make to the first loop will be mirrored across all the subsequent loops.
Pro Tools First Features
- Record up to 16 audio tracks, either one at a time through your computer’s audio input, or up to four inputs simultaneously using a USB audio interface.
- Choose from a selection of session templates, which provide pre-loaded instrument tracks, and start creating a song in a variety of music genres, including EDM, rock, pop, jazz, and hip-hop.
- Comes with over 20 plug-ins including Xpand!2 music synthesizer, D-Verb & Mod Delay III
- Visit the new in-app Marketplace and discover a world of affordable plug-ins that make creating and enhancing sounds quick and easy—with prices starting at about a cup of frozen coffee.
- Pro Tools | First saves sessions in the cloud, enabling you to work on your music practically anywhere.
- Comes with an introductory amount of free cloud storage, enabling you to save and sync up to three projects at a time, so you can always pick up where you last left off—on any Mac or PC with Pro Tools First installed.