Our friends at Universal Audio are very pleased to announce version 9.3 of their UAD-2 plug-in and driver software and it's available for Universal Audio DSP hardware users to update to now.
Whats New In 9.3
The latest version 9.3 of the Universal Audio software introduces four new plug-ins and adds functionality to an old favourite.
Dytronics Cyclosonic Auto Panner
Developed by the team at Softube, exclusively for UAD hardware the Dytronics Cyclosonic Panner plug-in is a recreation of the ultra-rare, analogue auto-panner introduced in 1984. This auto-panner became famous for deep panning and modulation effects, as well as imparting instant stereo character and vibe to any material
- Exacting emulation of the ultra-rare Dytronics Cyclosonic Panner analogue hardware
- Imparts instant vibe and stereo character on a variety of sources
- Auto-panning with variable and shapeable LFO
- 3D panning with variable and shapeable LFO
- Gate function for triggered panning with adjustable sensitivity
- Exclusive plug-in- only features include DAW sync for LFO and flexible stereo input/output configurations
Engle Savage 120 Guitar Amplifier
Developed by the team at Brainworx the ENGL Savage 120 Amplifier plug-in is designed to capture all the super high-gain brutality of this ENGLamp. The ENGL Savage 120 plug-in not only captures the intense crunch and distortion of the original amp, it adds 100 high-end recording chains as well as onboard vintage delay, noise gate, and lo/hi pass filters for further tone shaping. The ENGL Savage 120 Amplifier plug-in is also Unison enabled for use with UA Apollo interfaces. This means Apollo user’s guitar pickups will see the exact impedance load as if they were plugged into an ENGL in the real world.
- Exacting emulation of the original ENGL Savage 120 guitar amplifier
- Endorsed and fully authenticated by ENGL
- 100 Recording Chains with multiple speaker cabinet impulse responses
- FX Rack features vintage delay, noise gate, filter controls, internal power soak, and pre–
- and post-amp bypass
- Unison technology for Apollo interfaces offers authentic tone, touch, and feel of original
- Savage 120 amplifier thanks to impedance matching
- Available exclusively for UAD hardware and Apollo interfaces
Korg SDD-3000 Digital Delay
This is, without doubt, the jewel in the 9.3 update. Working in close partnership with KORG, Universal Audio has produced an end-to-end circuit emulation of the iconic 1980’s rack unit famous for its 13-bit delays and instrument-friendly analogue preamp circuit.
In crafting the KORG SDD-3000 plug-in, Universal Audio modelled a vintage "golden unit,” capturing its famed analogue preamp and output section. Filled with JRC-made op-amps — the same type as many classic preamps, boost, and overdrive pedals of the era — the UAD KORG SDD-3000 Digital Delay plug-in emulates this ultra-musical analogue circuit.
If you own a UA Apollo interfaces you can track in real time with the analog preamp of a vintage KORG SDD-3000 like having the original hardware. The KORG SDD-3000 plug-in also features Unison technology, giving Apollo users the all-important impedance, gain staging, and circuit behaviours that have contributed to making the KORG SDD-3000 an iconic effect unit.
- Authentic end-to-end circuit emulation of KORG’s legendary 1980’s SDD-3000 Digital Delay — exclusively for UAD hardware and Apollo interfaces
- Meticulously modeled analog input and output analog preamp sections
- Signature Filter circuit for shaping delay repeats
- Comprehensive Waveform and Modulation section for phaser, flanger, chorusing and doubling effects
- Exclusive plug-in-only features include tempo sync, multiple stereo modes, and rhythmic subdivisions
Sonnox Oxford Dynamic EQ
If you know EQ then you know the Oxford Dynamic EQ. Developed by the team at Sonnox, the Sonnox Oxford Dynamic EQ plug-in offers control over the frequency content of audio, helping tackle the most demanding production challenges during mixing or mastering. The first dynamic EQ on the UAD platform, the Sonnox Oxford Dynamic EQ plug-in is an excellent alternative to multi-band compression, allowing users to sculpt and shape sources with incredible accuracy.
- Powerful dynamic EQ with signature Oxford professional-level transparency and control
- 5 bands of 3R and Type 3 proportional-Q dynamic equalization with optional shelf type
- All bands can overlap fluidly and process and/or detect from mono, stereo, mid,
- or side channels
- Flexible per-band side chain controls
- Allows up/down compression and up/down expansion
- Optional onset detection for very precise transient processing
AMS RMX16 Expanded
The AMS RMX16 was the world's first microprocessor-controlled, full-bandwidth, digital reverb.
From U2 and Peter Gabriel to Radiohead and Rihanna, the unique reverb programs of the RMX16 are instantly recognizable. Developed by the team at AMS Neve the new AMS RMX16 Expanded Digital Reverb plug-in captures the shimmer of the original hardware, and adds nine rare, custom programs, doubling the sonic possibilities of the original UAD AMS RMX16 plug-in.
Featuring 810 ms of delay, brighter rooms, and variations of the legendary RMX16 Nonlin,
Reverse, and Plate reverbs, the new AMS RMX16 Expanded Digital Reverb plug-in is a
powerful update to this iconic studio tool.
- The only authentic RMX16 digital reverb plug-in developed by original hardware
- designer Mark Crabtree of AMS Neve
- Offers the exact legendary reverb and delay algorithms of an ultra-rare, custom RMX16
- Classic RMX16 Programs such as Ambience, Nonlinear, Room, Hall, Plate, Echo,
- Chorus, and Reverse, as well as rare programs like Nonlin 1
- Plug-in only features including Dry/Wet Mix, Wet Solo, and easy “click-and- type” editing
- of control values
- New presets from famous RMX16 power users Steve Levine, Ross Hogarth, David
- Isaac, and more
You can find out more about the Universal Audio 9.3 software update and all the Universal Audio hardware and UAD-2 plug-ins at the Universal Audio website.