Now you can have the iconic sound from classic tracks like Stevie Wonder’s “Superstition,” and Billy Preston’s “Outta Space. Waves have released the latest in their growing range of virtual instruments. the Waves Clavinet is sampled from what some say is one of the funkiest keyboards ever created: the iconic D6 model Clavinet, which is famous for its percussive playability and gritty sound.
The original Clav has held a special appeal in funk, fusion, rock and soul music for its melodic twang and sonic pallet, from brilliant, vibrant, nitty and gritty to soft, rich, mellow tones.
For this instrument, Waves worked hard sampling every texture, articulation and hammer tip string-striking mechanic of the authentic D6 Clavinet in both the muted and unmuted modes, recreating all the dynamic control, feel and expression of the original keyboard.
Waves have designed this VI so that using only a few controls, you can achieve an array of deep sonic textures, capturing the distinctive timbre of the Clavi’s unique single-coil pickups. You can choose from the selection of factory presets, featuring patches modelled after “Superstition,” “Outta Space” and other classic songs; or shape your own tones using the built-in auto-wah, amp overdrive and other effects.
Waves Clavinet VI Features
- Accurately sampled from the original D6 model Clavinet
- Built-in FX section including advanced auto-wah, phaser, chorus, reverb
- Full velocity response mix control with key up and mechanics features
- Customizable EQ section for further tone shaping
- Mute slider control for decayed staccato or mellow sustain
- Amp overdrive control with tube condenser and dynamic microphone selectors
- Global tune control; MIDI-assignable
- 32-bit & 64-bit
- NKS-ready for NI Komplete Kontrol and Maschine
- Can be used as a plugin or as a standalone instrument
- Powered by the Waves Sampler Engine (WSE)
- Introductory Price $29, normal price $69