Plugin Alliance has released new versions of Unfiltered Audio's distortion plug-ins - Dent 2 and Indent 2. Dent 2 is a waveshaping toolkit designed to squeeze, split and obliterate sounds at the wave-cycle level, while Indent 2 is its slimmed-down counterpart designed to saturate and soothe. Both feature Unfiltered Audio’s modulation system that allows you to control parameters and other modulators in real-time.
Unfiltered Audio Dent 2
Dent 2 has a freely-adjustable and highly-customizable sample reduction engine. Next, there are as many as three different distortion types in series, selectable from ten clipping algorithms. Within those gain stages, users can add or subtract a DC (Direct Current) BIAS, adjust the waveform’s SHAPE by flattening or sharpening it, and independently adjust the positive and negative halves of the waveform. Then comes the bitrate engine with six different Bitcrush algorithms. Finally, there are four different resonant filter types to choose from.
There is a Probability control so that Dent 2 can be set to randomly applies distortion to say only 70% of the audio signal’s wave cycles. Other options include the Drop switch to silence all the undistorted waveform segments, or set the clipping type to Tape and the filter type to Low Pass to emulate the sound of a cassette that has been chewed by a tape deck.
There is much more to Dent 2, we suggest you get the free trial and find out for yourselef the madness Dent 2 can impose on your audio.
- Presets from The Crystal Method, Mirrorball Entertainment, Julius Dobos, and Toby Pitman (Air Studios)
- Six distinctive bitcrushing algorithms (including a circuit-bent toy simulation!)
- Randomize Preset feature—surprise and amaze yourself with sonic madness!
- Ten clippers: Hard/Soft Clip, Wavefold, Overfold, Harsh Fold, Distortion, Tube, Tape, Gloubi, & Cubic
- Complex Mode gives users the option to apply a different saturation algorithm to each of the three clipping stages
Unfiltered Audio Indent 2
Indent 2’s signal path, consists of a customisable multimode filter, in between two different clipping stages, both of which offer the same ten different user-selectable saturation modes found in Dent 2: Hard Clip, Soft Clip, Wavefold, Overfold, Harsh Fold, Distortion, Tube, Tape, Gloubi, and Cubic. Including a filter in the plug-in’s internal signal path. For example, you could try a modulated, resonant High-pass filter after the first clipping stage to get an old-school techno sound on a synth bass track, then set the second clipping stage to Wavefold to smooth out the signal and bring back some of the harmonics that were cut off by the filter, not forgetting supporting integration with ROLI’s Lightpad controller.
- Familiar guitar pedal-style effects and unusual sounds that surprise and provoke
- Simple controls and intuitive visual interface help you saturate or mutilate tracks quickly and easily
- Choose two of ten clipping algorithms — Hard Clip, Soft Clip, Wavefold, Overfold, Harsh Fold, Distortion, Tube, Tape, Gloubi, and Cubic —independently for Indent's input and output stages
- Unfiltered Audio's flagship modulation system provides eight freely assignable and fully automatable modulators (sine LFO, sawtooth/triangle LFO, square-wave LFO, input follower, sample-and-hold noise, macro control, step sequencer, and ROLI Lightpad), with drag-and-drop virtual patching to every control knob
- Analog-style multi-mode filter with continuously variable resonance control
Dent 2 and Indent 2 both benefit from several key upgrades since v1, including two new modulators (Step sequencer and ROLI Lightpad); six new saturation modes; new Complex Mode (gives Dent 2 users the option to apply a different saturation algorithm to each of the three clipping stages); multimode filter; AGC (Automatic Gain Compensation); and OpenGL toggle switch.
Dent 2 and Indent 2 are available as AAX Native, AU, VST2, and VST3 plug-ins for Mac OS X (10.8 through 10.12), Windows (7 through 10), and Pro Tools 10.3.10 (or higher) from Plugin Alliance for $99.00 USD and $49.00 USD, respectively.
- Owners of Dent can upgrade to Dent 2 for free at any time.
- There is also a time-limited promo offer allows owners of Indent to upgrade to Dent 2 for $29.00 USD until September 30, 2017
- Customers upgrading to or purchasing Dent 2 will receive Indent 2 for free.
There is also a fully-functional, 14-day trials are available to anyone registering for a free Plugin Alliance account.