Our friends at Blue Cat Audio, makers of the awesome distortion and guitar amp plug-in Destructor, have just released their latest plug-in offering - Late Replies, a new delay and multi effects plug-in on steroids.
What Is Late Replies?
Pro Tools Expert was given early access to Late Replies - Watch our video review to hear Late Replies in action and to discover why Pro Tools Expert Deputy Editor Dan Cooper presented Late Replies with a Pro Tools Expert Editor's Choice Award.
Blue Cat's Late Replies is a powerful delay and multi-effects plug-in that includes a unique selection of features compared to other delay plug-ins.
Like many other Blue Cat Audio plug-in, Late Replies can host third party VST, VST3 and AU plug-ins anywhere in the signal path.Late Replies enables users to produce delay patterns in new and exciting ways with up to 8 taps. These taps can be fed into two nested feedback loops that also include plug-in slots for hosting third party plug-ins, however, Blue Cat took it upon themselves to develop an extra array of effects for Late Replies. 25 newly developed Blue Cat Audio built-in effects are now available within this plug-in ranging filters, modulation, and dynamics.
So as you can tell, this is much more than just a delay plug-in.
New 25 Blue Cat Built-in Effects include:
- EQ and filters
- Pitch and frequency shifters
- Wave shaper
- Powerful delay plug-in with built-in effects and third party plug-ins support
- 8 taps pattern section with integrated mixer and plug-ins slots
- 2 feedback loops with crossfeed and plug-ins slots
- 25 Built-in effects: EQ, filters, pitch & frequency shifter, delays, modulation effects, compressor, gate, bit crusher, wave shaper and more
- Supports third party VST, VST3 and Audio Unit plug-ins. Tempo/Host Synchronization.
- Global stereo spread control
- Several hundreds of fully editable presets
- Integrated ducking, with internal and external side chain
- Comprehensive visual feedback with detailed impulse response display
- Protect your ears with the included feedback and output brickwall limiters
- No latency
- Mac & Windows compatible
Late Replies integrated ducker features uses the side chain input enabling users to dip the volume of delays and/or reverbs effects out of the way of source instruments. This is a great way of making space in a mix but retaining ambience.
Blue Cat Audio Overview Of Late Replies
Eli from Logic Pro Expert produced an overview video of Late Replies. Watch to gain a deeper understanding of Late Replies.
Download the demo (not time limited) of Late Replies from the Blue Cat Audio website.
- Up to 5 instances of Late Replies allowed per session
- The effect will bypass for half a second every minute
Price & Download
Blue Cat Audio is offering a 96 Euro introductory price for Late Replies - regular 129 Euro (offer ends 17th September 2017)
Existing Blue Cat Audio customers will be granted a larger discount - contact Blue Cat Audio for your personalized offer sent via email.
Visit the Blue Cat Audio website for more information.