In a recent Facebook Post our friends at DAD posted 5 reasons to integrate their platform into Post Production environments:
- Workflow. Our DADman software helps you create complex audio-routing setups (1,500 x 1,500 matrix) and quickly switch between various workflows and save precious production time and costs.
- Monitoring. Add the optional PRO|MON license for the ultimate flexibility in monitoring.
- Control. Eucon-compatibility allows you to control the hardware directly from your (Eucon-enabled) control surface.
- Connectivity. Dante, AES, Analog, MADI. Feed it anything and route the input signals to any output(s).
- Audio Quality. Use the AD/DA converters on AX32 for the best possible transition between the analog and digital domains.
That got me thinking and although I wouldn’t disagree, my experience when I reviewed the AX32 could be summed up with a single reason - Flexibility.
I was looking for resources to back this up and I re-watched Alan’s excellent video from BVE 2017 where JJ from HHB walks Alan round their display rig, featuring the new Avid MTRX and an AX32. Routing, flexible monitor control, Dante and AES67, format conversion and flawless AD/DA conversion - That’s flexible!