Our friends at Sonnox have just announced the release of their latest plug-in - Oxford Dynamic EQ.
Sonnox claim that the Oxford Dynamic EQ could be the answer to common mixing problems such as controlling boomy or harsh frequencies without compromising the integrity of original recordings or saving time in situations where you may have had to write EQ automation to achieve the same effect.
- 5 bands of the Oxford Type-3 EQ curve which offer proportional-Q, often considered the most musical EQ curve-type
- All bands can overlap fluidly without the static phase distortion or low frequency artefacts associated with multiband compressors
- Each band can process and/or detect from mono, stereo, mid or side channels
- Flexible per-band internal/external side chain controls
- A clear and informative GUI simplifies the often-complex workflows associated with multiband dynamic plug-ins
- Flexible upwards/downwards compression and upwards/downwards expansion
- Engage the effect either by setting a level threshold or by using the unique onset detection feature for very precise transient processing
Pro Tools System Requirements
- Pro Tools 10.3.8, 11.3.2, 12 – AAX Native
- Approved Pro Tools CPU, OS and hardware configuration
- iLok USB device with latest drivers
- iLok2 / iLok3 required
Available now from £200GBP from the Sonnox website.
Keep your eyes peeled for a hands-on Pro Tools Expert Video Review of Oxford Dynamic EQ in the following weeks