Russ and Mike are joined by Terry Winston, Founder and Executive Director of the Women’s Audio Mission to chat through issues and highlights from the week's news as well as the usual Pro Tools tips, tricks and community questions answered.
Podcast Sponsor - Smart Studio
Our sponsors for July are Smart Studio. Smart Studio are disrupting the studio design and build industry with their new modular concept. They design and build your studio off-site and then assemble it in your chosen space. It reduces both time and cost of building a professional recording studio and means you are up and running and making money faster! Visit the Smart Studio website to find out more.
We will be extending these for one extra day so if you are listening to this today (Tuesday) on the deals page as we have these two Blue Cat Audio plug-in deals.
Blue Cat Audio Destructor: This month we are giving you the opportunity to get 30% off Blue Cat's powerful distortion and amp plug-in Destructor - Get For £63
- Blue Cat Audio MB-7 v3 Mixer: This month we are giving you the opportunity to get 25% off Blue Cat's clever MB-7 v3 mixer plug-in that allows users to host VST and AU plug-in in Pro Tools - Get For £85
- Also, don’t forget to check out deals from our Partners in the Partner Deals section on our Deals page.
- Otherwise, after today we will have a new deal starting on 2nd August, get out the deals page to see what it is….
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Offer extended until 31st August 2017 - Buy any award-winning Apollo rackmount audio interface and get an analog dream studio filled with up to $3,500 of genuine UAD plug-ins from Studer, Lexicon, AKG, Pultec, Fairchild, Teletronix, and more! Buy an Apollo Duo or Apollo Firewire and get a plugin bundle worth $1200, buy an Apollo 8P, Apollo 8 Quad, or Apollo 16 and get a plugin bundle worth $2000, or buy any 2 Apollo rack mounted interfaces, and get a plugin bundle worth $3500. For more details please visit the Universal Audio website.
- The Problem With Women Working In Audio
- Terri mentioned on online interactive text book called SoundChannel
- Director Christopher Nolan On Phone Distraction - Do You Agree?
- Your Creative Personality Can Cost You Money And End Up Killing Your Business
- We are extending this competition by one day so if you are listening to this on Tuesday hop over to the win page for this competition….
- Win one of three copies of TrainYourEars, EQ Edition 2, frequency ear training software, which is a standalone application for both Mac and PC, designed to help you understand equalisers and frequencies like never before.
- Don’t forget to check out our Win page, to discover more opportunities to win pro audio software and gear from our Partners, in the Partner Win section, on our Win page.
- After today. check the Win page for our next competition, which is a Win Audionamix TRAX Pro 3 SP & Music Production Bundle worth $1500
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
If you are looking to give your studio the power to Create, Edit, Mix, Master and Deliver Dolby Atmos content, then check out our friends at RSPE Audio Solutions, as for over 15 years, they have been a proud Dolby Professional dealer and installer, and they are one of a handful of dealers who can supply the Dolby Atmos Mastering Suite.
- Michelle van Oijen on our article The Problem With Women in Audio says “Thank You so much for this level of support. I am about to start my study Music Management in the Netherlands, My interest in studio work is my number 1, but I don't know where to start but I want to go in the studio to learn how to use music technology and value any advice”.
- Robert Philpotts wants to know who the female vocalist on your Waves Abbey Road Plates Reverb plug-in video is. He says “She has an incredible voice, I'm trying to find the track in your video? Can you help me to identify her and find her music?"
This Week’s Featured Pro Tools Expert Interview
This week’s Pro Tools Expert Interview is Russ’s chat with Kii Speaker Inventor Bruno Putzeys at a recent event at Red Bull Studios, about speaker design, how they interact with the room, the challenges of designing good speakers and why he ended up designed the Kii THREE Active Monitors, the technology behind them and how these concepts are implemented.
Questions From The Community
- Steve Hawkins would like to upgrade to Pro Tools 12 but has a 2011 Mac Mini i7 2.0 Ghz Quad core with the two 500Gb hard drives, running OS 10.12.5, with 16GB Ram. He wants to be able to record 16 tracks of audio simultaneously with an Apollo Universal 16 interface and my current Analogue Mixing Desk set up but as his Mac Mini is approved by Avid would like to know whether it will work OK with Pro tools 12.
Source Connect Now
As you may know, we are spread out around the UK & Europe when we record the podcast. In the past, we have used a variety of internet based solutions so we could hear each other. We have settled on Source Connect Now which gives us ISDN equivalent quality audio using a Chrome browser, no software to install. You can get a free account from Source Elements.
Find Of The Week
- Russ - New Features and software control for my Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt Interface
- Mike - Zen Internet - so much better than BT and will save me money too for broadband internet telephone and ISDN services.
- Terri - Earthquaker Devices guitar Rainbow Machine guitar pedal