New Features in EdiLoad v3.4
- Support for UHD workflows - You can now process Hi Frame Rate edit lists...
- Load Hi Frame Rate EDLs
- Compare Hi Frame Rate EDLs
- Re-Conform Hi Frame Rate EDLs
- Export Hi Frame Rate EDLs (47.952 FPS -> 60 FPS DF
- Convert Hi Frame Rate lists to equivalent Lo Frame Rate
- Changes are made on Hi Frame Rate frame edges in Pro Tools
- There Are Updates To The Compare Window - You can now...
- Select which track/s to load edit information from
- Tip - For best results during re-cuts of promo mixes, compare the picture editor's audio tracks
- New WAV File List Window Added - You can now...
- Load WAV files and export them as a Pro Tools session with files spotted to their timestamp
- Load WAV files from an ADR record session into a Pro Tools session
- Load location WAV files to inspect metadata and so...
- Find duplicate files …
- Export displayed data as a text file
- New Scene Change Track Window Added - Everything you need to create a Scene Change Track has been placed in a single window
- Load scene descriptions directly from PDF shooting scripts
- Step through the process following the information on each tab
- Save the session file and open the Scene Change Track in Pro Tools
- Once a reel has been created (for films), additional reels can be processed with a single click
- Other New Features Include...
- Added option to import EDL data from MS Excel files and TAB-delimited text files
- Added option to export edit lists from main window as MS Excel file
- During EDL load into main window....
- Added checkbox 'Ignore Source Timecodes' to copy Destination TCs to Source TCs on import. Select this when creating Picture Cut or Scene Change tracks from EDLs that contain multi-frame rate sources
- Updated EDL load code to load EDL-X 'Single List' EDLs that contain multiple video tracks in a single EDL
Mark has told me that he believes that EdiLoad is the only re-conforming software that can re-cut a Pro Tools session that uses frame rates higher than 30 FPS. Mark continues...
We’ve got several big clients that produce Ultra HD productions with 50/60FPS pictures. This now allows them to re-cut their sessions to match the picture frame edges exactly, rather than being 1/2 a frame out-of-sync which can, of course, accumulate when several re-conforms are required.
Existing users can do to the Sounds In Sync Downloads page and get v3.4. If you haven't tried EdiLoad before you can download v3.4 and then click on the Try button when you first run EdiLoad. This will give you a 3-day trial. To extend a trial, contact Sounds In Sync and provide your iLok user ID and they can extend the trial for a little longer.
What Is EdiLoad?
EdiLoad is an application that allows sound editors and mixers to perform a variety of time-saving tasks. From re-conforming (re-cutting) a Pro Tools session following picture changes, to conforming (assembling) location WAV files in Pro Tools, EdiLoad is designed to streamline the workflow of any film or television sound-post production.
At its heart EdiLoad manipulates edit lists through its filter, batch modify and cleaning controls. With its ability to import and export Pro Tools sessions, new work-flows can be created to automate repetitive tasks, or enable new processes on custom productions.
You can learn more about EdiLoad in our series of articles on conforming and re-conforming.