Apple has today announced a new iMac range with features aimed at those wanting to use professional applications.
At a glance the updates include;
- 7th generation Intel Kaby Lake processors with 10-bit HEVC decode
- New Mac displays ever with 500 nits, up to 43% brighter with one billion colors.
- For the first time, discrete graphics are available in the 21.5" iMac include AMD Radeon Pro 555 & 560 GPUs with up to 4GB VRAM.
- Next-generation graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 (integrated). Apple claims these are up to 80% faster than the previous models.
- Memory boosts with up to 32GB RAM on 21.5" iMac. Up to 64GB on RAM on 27: iMac.
- Now standard Fusion Drive on all 27" iMacs and higher spec 21." iMacs. They offer up to 50% faster SSDs with up to 2TB storage.
- 2x Thunderbolt 3 ports on the back.
More to follow including news on the new iMac Pro - the fastest Mac ever!