Impact Soundworks have updated their Peak Rider plug-in including support for Pro Tools with AAX Native for Pro Tools 11 and above and RTAS fro Pro Tools 10 and earlier. Peak Rider 2 detects the dynamics and frequencies of a sidechain signal (external or generated), using it to process the main input in one of 5 ways. From vocal riding to drum shaping, transient design, precision EQ and beyond, with a price point of $99.
At its heart, Peak Rider 2 uses three detection modes to analyse a sidechain signal and create a smooth, continuous 'envelope' from it. This envelope can be split into stereo or frequency bands, EQed, and used to control your main input using 5 processing modes. The sidechain can be anything at all, and PR2 can even generate its own signal using a built-in synth.
Whether PR2 uses boost or attenuation totally depends on the sidechain and input material, here are just a few suggested uses from Impact Soundworks....
- Make huge boosts and cuts without affecting volume or loudness
- Use a drum track's own envelope and adjust it, effectively becoming a very powerful multi-band transient designer
- Match the peaks of a rhythmic track to a static synth, creating an all-new part full of life and motion
- Level the volume of an unruly vocal by matching it to a set volume
- Saturate and distort any instrument without losing any dynamics at all
- Seamlessly remove mic bleed from a noisy isolated track
What's New In Peak Rider 2?
- Pro Tools compatible AAX and RTAS plugin formats
- EQ mode
- Smoother parameter automation
- Informative GUI metering
- Sidechain input processing (EQ, volume, gain)
- Sidechain signal generator (sine, noise)
- RMS algorithm overhaul
- New presets
- Undo/Redo buttons
- Preset cycling buttons