Introducing Instant Delay, Unfiltered Audio's newest delay plug-in from the Plugin Alliance stable that borrows from the artifact-free Modern Instant mode of its bigger sibling, Sandman Pro. In a first for delay plug-ins, Instant Delay’s modulation system also includes integration with ROLI’s latest controller, the Lightpad Block.
It's good news that Unfiltered Audio, even a simple delay, are going to be a little different. Drop Instant Delay into your standard delay returns, and it can perform all the everyday tasks you’d expect – anything from stereo echoes on a vocal track to ambient delay tails on an undulating synth pad.
For its simple interface, Instant Delay has been designed to offer a huge amount of control and sonic possibility. The layout of the Delay Time setting not only offers tempo syncing for stereo channels together or separately, but also the option to offset one channel’s delay time relative to the other, thus widening the stereo field for shorter offset times, or creating syncopated rhythms for longer ones.
Plugin Alliance intends that Instant Delay’s biggest attraction is its artifact-free delay buffer, which made its first appearance in Unfiltered Audio’s delay plugin, Sandman Pro. Anyone who has ever adjusted a delay setting in real-time is all too familiar with the sometimes unwanted glitches and effects that can clutter up the mix. Tape delay emulations can cause pitch fluctuations, and pure digital delays can add crackling and other digital noise as they try to truncate or add time to the delay buffer. Not so with Instant Delay, which uses an algorithm that enables the buffer to jump from one delay time to another.
Integration With ROLI Lightpad Block
In a first for delay plug-ins, Instant Delay’s modulation system also includes integration with ROLI’s latest controller, the Lightpad Block. Use four different modes to control different aspects of Instant Delay via simple patching from the ROLI modulator into parameters, or other modulators. Whether using virtual sliders, pressure-sensitive pads, or toggle switches, Instant Delay’s integration with BLOCKS means it’s ready to throw down in any performance situation– in the studio or on the go.
Unfiltered Audio Instant Delay Features
- Fully-featured delay line with Linked, Independent, and Offset modes for total stereo control over buffer settings
- Analog-style LP/HP/BP filter, with adjustable resonance, is applied to the feedback loop
- Built-in soft clipper with Drive control can generate subtle saturation, overdriven aggression, and everything in between
- Jitter control adds an organic nuance that results in subtle syncopations with slower delay times, and a natural “blurring” effect with faster ones
- Unfiltered Audio's flagship modulation system provides eight freely assignable and fully automatable modulators, including a Step Sequencer, and integration with ROLI BLOCKS 5D Lightpad control surface
- A simple interface that offers a wide range of tones and applications, from simple vocal doubling to elaborate echo effects
- Unfiltered Audio’s unique delay buffer algorithm lets users expand or contract the delay buffer in real time without pitch fluctuations or digital noise
- Price $49