Russ, Mike and Dan chat through issues from the week's news as well as the usual tips, tricks and questions answered.
New Podcast Sponsor - e-instruments
We now have new podcast sponsors and it’s a different brand each month. Thanks to e-instruments who are supporting the podcast this month. The e-instruments Session Keys are a series of highly expressive and versatile acoustic grand pianos and famous electric pianos designed to help you quickly achieve great results. This week we are featuring the Session Keys Electric S. Captured from a carefully restored vintage 1973 Suitcase, Electric S offers the clean unaltered line out signal, the expressive amplified vintage piano sound as well as fascinating acoustic noises and resonances recorded via a unique microphone setup. You can get an exclusive 10% discount on all Session Keys products but you will need to listen to the podcast to get the discount code
Source Connect Now
As you may know, we are spread out around the UK & Europe when we record the podcast. In the past, we have used a variety of internet based solutions so we could hear each other. We have settled on Source Connect Now which gives us ISDN equivalent quality audio using a Chrome browser, no software to install. You can get a free account from Source Elements.
- Can You Tell A Real Rhodes Suitcase Piano From A Sampled Virtual Instrument and which do you prefer? This prize draw competition includes a shootout. Listen to 3 examples, and see which one you prefer. One of them is a real 1973 Suitcase, the other 2 are the e-instruments Session Keys S. Enter and win a copy.
- Win 10 Plugin Alliance AAX DSP Plugins Of Your Choice Our friends at Plugin Alliance have worked hard to support the AAX DSP platform and have 51 AAX DSP plug-ins now. In this competition, one person will win 10 Plugin Alliance AAX DSP plug-ins of their choice and 5 runners up will win one AAX DSP plug-in of their choice. If you have an HDX system you will want to enter this competition…
- Save 25% on Zplane ElastiqueAAX Pitch And Time Plug-in for £230. Check out the comparisons between the ElastiqueAAX and other pitch and time manipulation plug-ins, and read what Alan Sallabank has to say. If you need to change the time and pitch of content, especially if you work in post production then do not miss this deal.
- Don’t forget to check out the deals from our Partners in the Partner Deals section on our Deals page.
This Week’s Featured Pro Tools Expert Interview
- This week’s featured interview is James talking to film composer Patrick Jonsson. Patrick works from a converted bedroom studio in hisNorth London and they talk about Patrick's process of writing for film and his amazing Pro Tools template that allows him to work on surround sound projects while only having a 2.0 monitoring system.
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Until June 30th buy any award-winning Apollo rackmount audio interface and get an analog dream studio filled with up to $3,500 of genuine UAD plug-ins from Studer, Lexicon, AKG, Pultec, Fairchild, Teletronix, and more! Buy an Apollo Duo or Apollo Firewire and get a plugin bundle worth $1200, buy an Apollo 8P, Apollo 8 Quad or Apollo 16 and get a plugin bundle worth $2000, or buy any 2 Apollo rack mounted interfaces, and get a plugin bundle worth $3500.
- Pro Tools Product Road Map - Avid Announce Some Results From ACA Pro Tools Survey
- How To Soundproof A Home Recording Studio - Part 1
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
RSPE Audio Solutions is your source for complete pro audio systems. From home studios large and small through to professional recording studios or post production facilities, RSPE offers the expertise and equipment to build your dream studio and save you time and money. Check out a few of RSPE’s previous studio builds.
- Patrick Pearce has an alternative suggestion for James having read part two of his transition from Mac to Windows and his issues with slow migration of his data files. Patrick suggests using a router between the two machines, with a Windows Network using IP addresses, and just copy the files over the network from the Mac data files to the new drives in the PC, which Patrick thinks would be much faster.
Questions From The Community
- Shawn Corbett has Pro Tools 11 running on Windows 10 with a Mbox Pro. Everything was running fine until he ran into an issue and while trying to resolve that issue he unplugged the Firewire cable from his Mbox Pro to try a different port and when he plugged it back in, the computer could no longer see the Mbox Pro and would like our help resolving it.
- Vim Fuego - asks now to go about getting a replacement for a bent iLok which has a Pro Tools Express license on it.
Find Of The Week
- Russ - Frame.io is a service that is designed to solve video review and collaboration
- Mike - iZotope RX6 Advanced - It's amazing!!
- Dan - iKoustic an acoustic products and solutions website based in the UK.