Volko Audio has released the free Q3D, which is an emulation of NTI Nightpro EQ3D rack mount equaliser. This 6 band eq has an extremely wide Q. One of the bands is AIR that is a hi shelf filter. You can change the AIR frequency and boost. It has a modern, easy-to-use user interface. In the past, it has been used for very famous recordings and generally for vocals.
The first four peaking bands of the six bands on the Q3D have the centre frequencies 10 Hz (SUB), 40 Hz, 160 Hz and 650 Hz. Each band is 2.5 octaves wide. The fifth high-frequency shelving band has a cutoff frequency of 2.5 kHz. The sixth "air" band is a -boost only- high-frequency shelf with five selectable cutoff frequencies:
- 2.5 kHz.
- 5 kHz.
- 10 kHz.
- 20 kHz.
- 40 kHz.
The amount of boost or attenuation is continuously variable from -15 dB to 15 dB on all bands except the air band which has an amount of boost that is continuously variable from 0 dB to 20 dB.
Other features on the Q3D include...
- Extremely High Processing Efficiency.
- Proprietary topology which is optimised for low latency, low noise and high dynamic range.
- Supports sampling frequencies up to 384 kHz.
- Clickless parameter update.
Volko Audio Q3D System Requirements
- 40 MB free hard disk space
- Windows 7 or newer, 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor with 2 GB RAM
- Mac OS X 10.7 or higher, Intel Processor with 2 GB RAM
- Display capable of 1024×768
- AAX Native, VST, VST3, or AU capable host program
You will need to sign up for a free account and 'buy' the plug-in. You will then be sent an email with a link to your account. You will need to log into your account on the Volko Audio to retrieve the product serial number to get rid of the 30 day trial screen when you tyr and use the plug-in.