Avid are releasing the Eucon related software with the same version number. As we reported Avid have released Pro Tools Contol v3.6 and so they have also released Eucon 3.6 too.
New and Improved Features in EuControl 3.6
Improved Knob Response
Knob response has been improved with better access to fine adjustments when rotating slowly, and a more natural acceleration scale when rotating quickly to make coarse adjustments. Pan knobs now have an optimised response curve, and other knobs (such as when controlling send level or EQ) have a different curve. The Control Room/Monitor knob is linear (no acceleration).
Improved Pan Knob Mapping (Requires Pro Tools 12.7.1 or higher)
Pan knob mapping has been improved to make the location of parameters more intuitive.
Rear position is now available from the same knob as Front (see L/R Rear via L/R Front + Sel). You can now link the Front and Rear positions (see Link F/R).
Multiple EUCON Commands in Soft Keys
Soft Key assignments can include multiple EUCON commands, one of which can have Command Feedback Active enabled.
New Pro Tools Commands Available in Soft Keys
EuControl 3.6 includes the following new or recently EUCON-ized Pro Tools commands.
- Clear and Send To New Playlist
- Apply Fade Preset (1–5)
- Select Fade In
- Select Fade Out
- Select Crossfade
- Select Batchfade
- Show Frozen Tracks
- Hide Frozen Tracks
- Restore Previously Shown Tracks
- Layered Editing
- Freeze Track
- Transport Record Lock
- Send Solo
OLED Dim Time
You can set the sleep time for OLEDs in the Preferences tab of EuControl Settings.
What’s Fixed in EuControl v3.6
EuControl 3.6 includes fixes for the following issues.
- Pro Tools | Dock: It was possible for the Alt button LED incorrectly indicate Alt status after certain operations including toggling between Pro Tools and another application, Save As, Show Track, Hide Track, and others
- Pro Tools | S3: It was not possible to adjust the Display dim time Preference for Pro Tools S3 or Pro Tools Dock
- Pro Tools | Control: If Display Breaks on Track Color was enabled, it was possible for the Control app to crash when tapping a tile in Tracks view for tracks that were not visible on iPad screen
- Artist Control: It was possible when using an Artist Control to experience excessive CPU usage by EuControl, or for graphics to draw incorrectly on the Artist Control screen
- MCPro: Pressing Cmd on the MCPro keyboard could incorrectly open the Windows Start even though the keyboard is in pass- through mode
- EuControl on Mac (only) would only provide four EUCON MIDI ports. The maximum number of MIDI ports is determined by the highest MIDI port number. For example, when one application is assigned to MIDI Ports (29-32) it tells the MIDI driver to initialize 32 MIDI ports.
Where Can I Get Eucon 3.6 From?
Go into your Avid Master Account, Once signed in select the My Products and Subscriptions option from the My Products section. Then open up the Pro Tools Control and Eucon section and you will find links to the Eucon software there.