Dan, James and Julian chat through issues from the week's news as well as the usual tips, tricks and questions answered.
New Podcast Sponsor - zplane
We have new podcast sponsors and it’s going to be a different brand each month. So to kick us off, thanks to zplane who are supporting the podcast this month.
This week we want to highlight Elastique Pitch v2. If you haven't come across Elastique Pitch it is the real time pitch shifting solution for RTAS, VST, AU and AAX. Powered by zplane's élastiquePro pitch shifting engine. In the second edition, they have added a feedback delay and the infiniSTRETCH function of the new élastiquePro v3 engine.
Source Connect Now
As you may know, we are spread out around the UK & Europe when we record the podcast. In the past, we have used a variety of internet based solutions so we could hear each other. We have settled on Source Connect Now which gives us ISDN equivalent quality audio using a Chrome browser, no software to install. You can get a free account from Source Elements.
- Win 1 of 5 Copies Of Regroover Essential By Accusonus - Enter and be in with a chance of winning one of five copies of Regroover Essential by Accusonus - worth $99
- Win All the SoundBits Sound Effects Libraries - We are offering the chance for one lucky person to win all the SoundBits sound effects libraries. 3 more lucky people will win 5 SoundBits libraries of your choice, as runners up prizes.
- Save Up To 25% On Leapwing CenterOne And DynOne Plugins - Buy one of these plugins and you can save an exclusive 20% off and get them for £119. Or buy them both together for £222 and save 25%.
- New Deals from our Partners section on this page
This Week’s Featured Pro Tools Expert Interview
In this week’s featured interview James Ivey hosted the Celebrity Panel portion of the Music On A Mac event run by Jigsaw24 and held at their Pro Audio centre in Golden Square, London. This Pro Tools Expert Podcast Extra Interview is a recording of the celebrity panel and Q&A section of the event in front of a live audience.
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Until March 31st 2017 you can save up to $500 on UAD-2 DSP accelerators, buy a UAD-2 OCTO Satellite Thunderbolt, USB, or PCIe card save $500, or buy a UAD-2 QUAD Satellite Thunderbolt, USB, or PCIe card save $300.
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
RSPE are having a PMC Listening Event With The Award-Winning MB3-XBD and BB6-XBD Studio Monitors on March 30th 2017 when you can join special guest Peter Thomas, founder, visionary, and owner of PMC Speakers as they launch PMC's newest active studio monitors. There will also be presentations by key PMC users from the scoring and composing industry. Names to be announced shortly. The MB3-XBD and BB6-XBD are the next generation of PMC’s Main Monitor series loudspeakers, featuring all new amplification, upgraded drivers, re-engineered cabinets, and PMC’s signature Advanced Transmission Line (ATL) technology. Listening to these two PMC “Big Boys” is an experience to remember! Entry is limited, so we recommend you signup asap.
- Javier Coloma has enjoyed our reviews on Trinnov and Sonarworks and he would also like our view of the IK Multimedia ARC.
Questions From The Community
- Nigel Alker is having problems with the Loopmasters library on his Windows Pro Tools system, can we help?
- Pascal Magdinier would like our view on interfaces and which one to choose. He has a Digidesign 192 but what about UA or Apogee? Will they have any effect on his mixes?
- Laurence Teixeira works in post and having upgraded from Pro Tools 10 to 12, is also considering upgrading to Pro Tools 12HD software only. He is considering Pro Tools HD Native as well, what are our thoughts and advice.
- Michael Allen is having problems when bouncing to disk to get stereo files.
Find Of The Week
- Dan - The Melodyne Hack
- James - Sontronics Mercury Multi-pattern valve condenser mic. It is stunning. Review to follow very soon. Expect good things people!
- Julian - Focusrite Control iOS app. I’m using it right now and although I can reach the Red4 Pre just by moving my arm, somehow that seems really old fashioned right now.