After the announcement at the beginning of March, reverb specialists Exponential Audio have now released their latest character reverb plug-in R4. R4 takes inspiration and some of the best features from hallowed hardware reverbs of the past and add its own set of up to date twists to allow for a fully modern reverb workflow within your DAW.
Here are just a few of the things you'll find in R4:
- 6 independently-selectable types of EQ for input, early reflection, and reverb tail.
- Early and tail EQ can be dynamically modulated. Whether a subtle pulsation or a sweeping notch, modulated EQ is a powerful new weapon in the producer's toolkit.
- R4 retains the Chorused Hall of earlier Exponential Audio plugins and it adds a second Hall with density modulation that adds motion to the tail without adding pitch change. Of course, you can add pitch modulation on top if you want it!
- There's also a Plate and Chamber; updated from R2.
- Multiple early reflection patterns
- Warp section with compressor/expander, overdrive and word-size reduction.
- Pre-delay and reverb delay now adjustable by tempo
- Tail suppression circuit for more dynamic response
- Gated reverb effects
- Over 1200 presets
- Helpful tooltips to guide new users.
- Freeze function to capture the reverb tail and run it forever.
- Industry-leading CPU efficiency--run as many reverbs as you want.
Our friends at Groove3 are already on the case and have prepared nearly one hours worth of tutorial videos all for free! All you need is a Groove3 membership (which is also free). Start watching them now.
R4 is available for $299/€289, with very special upgrade pricing for existing Exponential Audio customers. The introductory period runs through March 24 and the discount is $150.
If you’d like to buy the plugin or try a demo then please visit the Exponential Audio website and stay tuned for the upcoming review!