Mike, Dan and new boy Peter Barter chat through issues from the week's news as well as the usual tips, tricks and questions answered.
Groove 3 Videos That Grabbed Our Attention This Week
Last week Groove3 launched a new live chat feature that gives you real-time help regarding questions about their products and services, and advice on deciding what videos are right for your needs and are ready to help you during their normal business hours of 9AM to 6PM CST Monday through Friday to assist you.
Source Connect Now
As you may know we are spread out around the UK & Europe when we record the podcast. In the past we have used a variety of internet based solutions so we could hear each other. We have settled on Source Connect Now which gives us ISDN equivalent quality audio using a Chrome browser, no software to install. You can get a free account from Source Elements.
Sonnox Community Award
We have brought the Sonnox Community Award back after a break. Many of our members work hard to create a positive and supportive community of Pro Tools Experts and we think that kind of attitude should be recognised and encouraged. With all of that in mind we would like to reward those in the community who go the extra mile to help others - be that with a helpful comment, link or video that they share with the community. So in conjunction with the great team at Sonnox we’re reintroducing the Sonnox community award. The winner, chosen by the PTE team will win a plugin of their choice from the native Sonnox Elite Collection and this month’s winner is Alvin Burrell.
We don’t have a competition running this month but do check out the competitions from our partner brands in the partner section on the Win page. So far we have...
- Win Antelope Audio Zen Tour Interface
- Win Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 & £3,000 Of Music Production Software
- Save 20% On Sonarworks Speaker & Headphone Calibration Products
- Save Over 60% On Pro Sound Effects Hybrid Library 2017 Until February 16th
- New Deals from our Partners section on this page
This Week’s Featured Pro Tools Expert Interview
This week’s featured Pro Tools Expert Interview is from NAMM 2017 where Pro Tools Expert, Technical Editor James Ivey talks to Steven Slate about the new Virtual Recording Studio package which includes the VRS-8 Thunderbolt audio interface and the ML-2 small diaphragm microphone.
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Until March 31st 2017 you can save up to $500 on UAD-2 DSP accelerators, buy a UAD-2 OCTO Satellite Thunderbolt, USB, or PCIe card save $500, or buy a UAD-2 QUAD Satellite Thunderbolt, USB, or PCIe card save $300.
- NAMM 2017 - Everyone Using MacBook Pros - Where Are The Workstation Computers?
- Do You Use The DFA Option When Mixing? Poll
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
Our friends at RSPE Audio are Avid Pro Tools Specialists, so if you are based in California and you have any questions about Pro Tools Software or Hardware upgrades, then contact RSPE for expert service and the best prices.
- Stefan Stieber discovered that East West (Soundsonline) don’t allow users to sell their products and transfer the license and wanted to know as a community what we think about this.
Questions From The Community Sponsored By Create Pro
Create Pro posted a cool blog called “The Mac Through The Ages - From 1987 To Present Day” This is well worth checking out - it reminded me how far computing technology power has come in the last 30 years.
- Axel Zachary had problems with files in 3 of a set of 8 Pro Tools sessions where files on an external drive that show on his Mac based home system, don’t appear on a Windows 10 studio system, and would like us to explain why this might be happening.
Find Of The Week
- Mike - Dirac Live and minDSP, its a very interesting product that sits between Sonarworks and Trinnov. Review to follow.
- Dan - Blue Cat Audio MB-7 v3 & Patchwork 2
- Peter - Soundhound app iOS/Android/windows mobile/blackberry - takes the Shazaam concept of holding up your phone to an actual song you’re not sure of and getting the name of the artist and track with links to download etc - Soundhound takes it a step further and lets you sing or even hum into the app and it will recognise it. Invaluable if like me you often spend hours humming ‘earworm’ tunes you may have just heard a snippet of.