Mike, Dan and Peter chat through issues from the week's news as well as the usual tips, tricks and questions answered.
Groove 3 Videos That Grabbed Our Attention This Week
Our friends have Groove 3 have a wide range of Pro Tools tutorials so if you want to learn more about Pro Tools then check out the Pro Tools tutorials from the team at Groove3.
Source Connect Now
As you may know we are spread out around the UK & Europe when we record the podcast. In the past we have used a variety of internet based solutions so we could hear each other. We have settled on Source Connect Now which gives us ISDN equivalent quality audio using a Chrome browser, no software to install. You can get a free account from Source Elements.
We don’t have a competition running this month but do check out the competitions from our partner brands in the partner section on the Win page. So far we have...
- Win Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 & £3,000 Of Music Production Software
- Win A Copy Of Antares Auto-Tune EFX 3 with pureMix - Ends March 2nd
- Save 20% On Sonarworks Speaker & Headphone Calibration Products
- New Deals from our Partners section on this page
This Week’s Featured Pro Tools Expert Interview
In this week’s featured interview is as a result of James’ taking a trip up to Culver City, just before the NAMM show 2017 to the home of Sony Studios and location of The Bakery, belonging to Eric Boulanger. They talk about how Eric got into mastering, the story of the cutting lathe, customised gear and much more.
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Until March 31st 2017 you can save up to $500 on UAD-2 DSP accelerators, buy a UAD-2 OCTO Satellite Thunderbolt, USB, or PCIe card save $500, or buy a UAD-2 QUAD Satellite Thunderbolt, USB, or PCIe card save $300.
- MPE Support - Are Pro Tools Users Missing Out On The Future Of MIDI?
- Why I've Simplified My Recording And Mixing Workflow
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
RSPE Audio Solutions are proud to announce they are now the exclusive US reseller for Non-Lethal Applications Video Slave 3. If the Avid Video Engine isn’t cutting it for you, contact RSPE to learn how Video Slave 3 greatly improve your workflow
- Dustin Patterson had contacted us asking for help with system crashes with an Mbox2 and Pro Tools 12. Even after changing his interface and downgrading his OS he is still having problems, do we have any advice?
Questions From The Community Sponsored By Create Pro
If you would love to “Pimp” your older Mac Pro 4.1 or 5.1 up to today’s specification but you just don’t know where to start then you should check out this post of the Create Pro Blog. They have designed upgrade paths for your machine depending on the type of work you do. Be that audio, video or high-end graphics.
- Alek Tahora would like our advice on recording screen capture and he has audio routing problems using Pro Tools 10HD, can we help?
- Reg was working on a location recording and for the 1st 4 scenes accidentally had the frame rate on his Sound Devices 688 set to 24fps instead of 25fps. What can he do to resolve this mistake? If you need to pitch correct then check out Alan’s comparison review of Avid’s Timeshift, X-Form and plan’s Elastique Pitch V2.
- Victoria Wysopal would like our recommendations for some books to help learn how to use control surfaces in a music studio as well how to mix and produce music.
- Garrett Miller is having problems with Pro Tools QuickTime Server not responding and also Kernel_Tasks taking a lot of CPU power. There is a thread on the DUC about the Pro Tools QuickTime Server issue and then an article on the Mac Rumours forum and a video on YouTube. But these involve ‘hacks’ so take care and we cannot be responsible if this go wrong.
Find Of The Week
- Mike - Somu plugin - This is a simple plugin that lets you mute or solo individual channels on a 5.1 or 7.1 track - the price $29.
- Dan - PianoCentric by Waves - Check out our review from Russ. Dan also mentioned this video from Boz Digital Labs.
- Peter - The Plugin Boutique deals page - I was looking through some old sessions from 5 - 6 years ago and one plugin that kept cropping up as missing was Air Instruments Velvet - managed to pick it up for 12 pounds with my all the discounts from my virtual cash! - love that page!