Our friends at UVI have just released a brand new synth library called UVS-3200 featuring sounds from the Korg PS-3200 - a semi-modular 48-voice polyphonic analog synth. Review to follow in coming weeks.
Visit the UVI website for more information
What Made The Korg PS-3200 So Special?
The original PS-3200 was built in small numbers in the 1970's and featured a remarkable architecture for the time:
- 2 VCOs each with its own VCF and LFO per-voice across 48 voices with preset recall.
- Capable of everything from meaty analog bass lines and acid leads to rich pads and complex evolving timbres
- The PS-3200 provides a wealth of sound design inspiration, rich with the warm character of golden age analog.
UVS-3200 Main Features
- 2-oscillator design providing users with a large selection of presets to build patches with.
- Each oscillator has a configurable amp, filter and stereo section along with a customizable 16-step arpeggiator.
- Versatile modulation and effect sections allowing users to easily add movement to sounds.
- Add high-quality reverb, delay, chorus, phaser and drive, as well, a handy modwheel editor allows quick mapping of commonly reached-for parameters like vibrato and filter depth.
UVS-3200 Patches & Presets
Over 220 patches covering everything from classic to modern styles. Includes arpeggios, bells, brass, bass, chords, keys, leads, pads, plucks strings, sweeps and more. Patches can be quickly browsed and even layered together.
Presets in UVS-3200 can be further edited through a vintage-styled interface providing the inspiration of hardware with modern software controls, allowing users to make everything from subtle mix-based adjustments to creating completely new patches quickly and easily.
Falcon & Free UVI Workstation Compatible
UVS-3200 offers native 64-bit standalone operation by way of Falcon or the free UVI Workstation and support for Pro Tools. Simultaneous authorization on up to 3 computers or iLok keys.
Price & Download
UVS-3200 is available at an introductory price of $49 / 49€ (Regular $79 / 79€) through March 1st, 2017.
To purchase please visit the UVI website.
- Runs in UVI Workstation version 2.6.9+, and Falcon version 1.2.1+
- iLok account (free, dongle not required)
- Internet connection for the license activation
- Supported Operating Systems:
- Mac OS X 10.7 or higher (32 and 64-bit)
- Windows 7 or higher (32 and 64-bit)
- 2GB of disk space
- Hard Drive: 7,200 rpm recommended or Solid State Drive (SSD)
- 4GB RAM (8 GB+ highly recommended for large UVI Soundbanks)