James, Dan and Alan chat through issues from the week's news as well as the usual tips, tricks and questions answered.
Groove 3 Videos That Grabbed Our Attention This Week
Vocal Production Masterclass - If you use vocals in your music, Marcus Huysken's Vocal Production Masterclass leaves no stone unturned, covering everything you need to know to produce world-class vocal tracks that will make your productions legit.
Source Connect Now
As you may know we are spread out around the UK & Europe when we record the podcast. In the past we have used a variety of internet based solutions so we could hear each other. We have settled on Source Connect Now which gives us ISDN equivalent quality audio using a Chrome browser, no software to install. You can get a free account from Source Elements.
We don’t have a competition running this month but do check out the competitions from our partner brands in the partner section on the Win page. So far we have...
- Win Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 & £3,000 Of Music Production Software
- Win Professional Mastering And Release For Your Dance Track With pureMix
- Save 20% On Sonarworks Speaker & Headphone Calibration Products
- Save Over 60% On Pro Sound Effects Hybrid Library 2017 Until February 16th
- New Deals from our Partners section on this page
This Week’s Featured Pro Tools Expert Interview
This week’s featured interview is me talking to LA-based composer and sound designer Matt Hawkins about his work for film and TV, his rig and his thoughts about making sure you get paid for your work in the industry.
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Until March 31st 2017 you can save up to $500 on UAD-2 DSP accelerators, buy a UAD-2 OCTO Satellite Thunderbolt, USB, or PCIe card save $500, or buy a UAD-2 QUAD Satellite Thunderbolt, USB, or PCIe card save $300.
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
RSPE Audio Solutions is your source for complete pro audio systems. From home studios large and small, to professional recording studios or post production facilities, RSPE has the expertise and equipment to build your dream studio and save you time and money. See a few of RSPE’s previous studio builds.
- We have been getting a number of questions for the podcast that are better placed getting in touch in the brand concerned. Our other problems is some of you don’t give us enough info to be able to help you with your problem.
- Michael Heslegrave asks if we could post a video showing the Persons Faderport 8 in HUI mode with Pro Tools. Good news Mike, we have done it already, check out Russ’ video here.
Questions From The Community Sponsored By Create Pro
If you would love to “Pimp” your older Mac Pro 4.1 or 5.1 up to today’s specification but you just don’t know where to start then you should check out this post of the Create Pro Blog. They have designed upgrade paths for your machine depending on the type of work you do. Be that audio, video or high-end graphics.
- Marcos Cesar asks, how he can hear the audio out from a Pro Tools on a Mac onto a Windows laptop.
- Greg Johnson would like to know how to handle the latency with a Tascam US20x20.
- Daniel Cabrera has problems with importing AAFs from Zaxcom and Media Composer with the clip names getting through to Pro Tools.
- Fionn Lucas is looking at expanding his Pro Tools 10HD system as he has hit the 256 track limit, what can he do?
Find Of The Week
- James - Teknosign 2 Channel Mic Pre…… Review to follow.
- Dan - EZmix 2 By Toontrack - Simple yet very effective - 15 Minute Mix Challenge Returns
- Alan - Elastique Pitch by Zplane, makers of the wonderful PPMulator - review to follow