There has been some confusion about whether there is support for the Avid Audio Interface Drivers with macOS High Sierra 10.13.2. This is because the master High Sierra article on Avid's Knowledgebase currently said that the Avid Audio Interface Drivers are NOT compatible with High Sierra whereas Pro Tools 12.8.3 and Eucon 3.7 are listed as compatible. This article is intended to clarify the situation the best we can and will be updated with the latest information as we get it.
We understand from Avid that they are aware that the Knowledgebase article is out of date and that they in the progress of updating all the compatibility articles with the latest information.
Currently, at 21:00 on December 21st, 2017 our advice is as follows...
- Pro Tools 12.8.3 software is compatible with macOS 10.13.2 - Whether you should upgrade is dependent on what hardware, if any you are using with Pro Tools 12.8.3.
- Eucon 3.7 is compatible with macOS 10.13.2 - This should mean that the Avid S3, Pro Tools Dock, Pro Tools Control App, Artist Control, Artist Mix. Artist Transport and Artist Colour are all compatible but you will need to check that you have the latest firmware using the EuControl Software 3.2.2 or later, we recommend using v3.7 across the board, and you must use v3.7 of the Pro Tools Control App.
- The HD Driver for 12.8.3 is compatible with macOS 10.13.2 - so HD Native and HDX systems should be compatible with High Sierra.
- The following interfaces are now supported non-HD audio devices with macOS 10.13.2 (High Sierra):
- The following audio interfaces are not supported with macOS 10.13.2 (High Sierra) at this time.
- For macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 compatibility with 3rd party interfaces, check our macOS High Sierra article for the latest 10.13.2 compatibility Article.
We will update this article with the latest information as we get it.