There's a new plug-in developer in town called Reverb Foundry who have just released their first ever plug-in - A reverb plug-in called HD•CART.
Reverb Foundry say HD•CART is a high-density reverb plug-in modelled after one of the most sought after and expensive reverb units of all time - insert popular 1980's reverb here.
For those familiar with the original reverb unit Reverb Foundry are alluding will be pleased to know that the full complement of controls on the original unit has been recreated in HD•CART.
- Spread: For powerful room re-dimensioning
- Diffusion: Control room reflectivity for convincing small rooms to lush cathedrals and chambers
- Size & Time: With pin-point accuracy model the size and character of a room
- Modulation: Control the classic spin and wander of this heritage algorithm
- Frequency Dependent Decay: From sizzling highs to tight lows, the tone of the room can be controlled with ease
- Early Reflections: Control the tone and timing of a series of modulated early reflections
Along with the inclusion of authentic controls are a set of modern enhancements that were not present in the original device. These enhancements are claimed to provide much wider, more spacious reverb than was ever possible with the original hardware.
Advanced Stereo and Surround Modes
One of the first ever surround algorithms ever to consider the effect of early and late reflections in a quadraphonic field, this pushed the dual-board design of the original hardware to the limit. Included in this recreation is its high-density stereo mode, quadraphonic and special 5.0 routing configurations.
In stereo modes, the reverb can be pushed towards the front, left in the centre for highest reflection density, or moved towards the rear of the simulated space.
Pricing & Availability
Reverb Foundry say HD•CART is the first in a series of plug-ins and is available to purchase for $199 in AU, VST 2.4, VST3 and AAX formats on Mac and PC.
Visit the Reverb Foundry website for more information