Mike, Julian and Alan chat through issues and highlights from the week's news as well as the usual Pro Tools tips, tricks and community questions answered.
Podcast Sponsor - Exponential Audio
This month’s sponsor is Exponential Audio, Michael Carnes has been busy working on the next generation of immersive audio reverbs and Exponential Audio have just announced their new Stratus and Symphony reverbs, which develop the 3D link technology already existing in the Phoenixverb and R2 plug-ins. These stunning new reverbs offer up to 22.2 (with the 3D option) and even up to 7.1 in the standard versions. These reverbs have been designed with post-production in mind and offer unprecedented dynamic control and reverb manipulation, to ensure that dialogues and effects retain clarity within the 3D audio soundscape.
You can watch Michael explain the challenges facing re-recording mixers working in immersive audio.
- Save 30% On Exclusive Sknote Plug-in Bundle Of AAX DSP Plug-ins - £68.
This month we are offering a saving of 30% on an exclusive bundle of 3 Sknote plug-ins that are available in the AAX DSP plug-in format - Disto-S - An emulation of the infamous Distressor from Empirical Labs, DolA - A plug-in version of the old tracking brightening trick using the encoder side of a Dolby A noise reduction system and EchoTaps which covers the history of delay units in one plug-in. We are selling this exclusive bundle of 3 AAX DSP plug-ins for £68.00 plus taxes which is a saving of 30% over the current pricing of the 3 plug-ins, but that includes the AES launch price of $49 for the Disto-S, but the normal price will be $299.
- Save 30% on zplane reTune Real-Time Multi-Pitch Modiﬁcation Plug-in - Sale Price £84
During the month of November, Pro Tools Expert is offering 30% off on the zplane reTune Real-Time Multi-Pitch Modiﬁcation Plug-in, making it an absolute bargain at £84 (excl vat). reTune is a cross-platform plug-in for real-time multi-pitch modiﬁcations, which gives you full access to the pitch content of your audio samples and enables you to map each input pitch to any other pitch of the chromatic scale – all in real-time. This allows you to re-tune your audio to any target key (for example, from D major to C# minor), or to use it as a creative tool to modify the pitch content in any way you like. If you are unsure about the key of your input audio, you can let reTune estimate the key for you. In addition, reTune can act as a pitch correction tool that quantizes pitches to the nearest semitone. Check out Eli Krantzberg’s exclusive review on the deal page.
- Also don’t forget to check out the deals from our Partners, in the Partner Deals section on our Deals page.
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Are you in need of more power? If you buy and register any new Universal Audio Apollo rackmount interface, that’s the Apollo 8, Apollo 8p, Apollo 16, or Apollo FireWire, until December 31st, 2017, and you’ll get a UAD-2 Satellite OCTO or QUAD DSP Accelerator in either PCI or stand-alone format — to the value of £1,081 absolutely free! You can find out more at the UAD website.
- Win A One Year PureMix Pro Membership
Our friends at PureMix have offered the Pro Tools Expert community a one year Pro Membership, usually costing $299 in this giveaway. Pro Membership gives full access to the hundreds of hours of top quality tutorial content from big name engineers including Andrew Scheps and Mick Guzauski.
- Don’t forget to check out our win page, to discover more opportunities to win pro audio software and gear from our Partners, in the Partner Win section, on our Win page.
Questions From The Community Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
Our friends at RSPE Audio Solutions are offering a range of cyber week deals, including 20% off nearly all Avid hardware and software with code “AVID20". Hurry! This is a limited time offer and ends Dec 4th 2017.
- Matthew Gerber-Corn has a question about using a Pro Control and PT11.
Neale Eckstein wants advice on using Sonarworks with his HDX system.
Heath Hunt wants advice about finding people with whom to collaborate.
Source Connect Now
As you may know, we are spread out around the UK & Europe when we record the podcast. In the past, we have used a variety of internet-based solutions so we could hear each other. We have settled on Source Connect Now which gives us ISDN equivalent quality audio using a Chrome browser, no software to install. You can get a free account from Source Elements.
Find Of The Week
- Mike - Blue Planet 2 from The BBC. Beautifully shot, great music from Hans Zimmer, great mix, no messing with the volume control! Watch out for an article from me in which I analyse the Blue Planet 2 mix from a loudness spec perspective.
- Alan - Black Friday Deals - I’ve just kitted out new surrounds and height speakers for my new Atmos install and found it was far more cost and quality effective to take full advantage of the sales at a well known UK HiFi retailer
- Julian - The Honest Musician’s Fear Of Accidental Plagiarism, BBC Radio 4 documentary with Guy Garvey of Elbow.