Our friends at Eventide have just released a "new" plug-in from their H9 Harmonizer. Like the UltraTap plug-in which was released earlier this year, the MangledVerb algorithm has been reworked to be a DAW plug-in. This is quite a unique approach to the reverb plug-in category as you'll hear in the Eventide video of MangledVerb
Hats of to Eventide for also producing a very entertaining Halloween/Ghost Busters inspired teaser video for MangledVerb. Putting the laughs to one side - This video does demonstrate the power of MangledVerb rather well in a sound design application. In the coming weeks we'll take a closer look at MangleVerb and post a Pro Tools Expert Review as this does look quite interesting.
Stated on Eventide website:
- Create out-of-this-world soundscapes by increasing the Size and Overdrive.
- Use it as Mono-In/Mono-Out, Mono-In/Stereo-Out or Stereo-In/Stereo-Out for ultimate flexibility.
- Smoothly move from Softclip distortion to Overdrive for ripping transitions.
- Use the Wobble control to create spooky detuning effects.
- Use The Ribbon control to easily manipulate multiple parameters in a live situation.
- Program the HotSwitch to instantly change multiple parameters at once.
- Optimized for live use with MIDI control of The Ribbon and Tap Tempo for quick meta-control on the fly.
- Use Mix Lock to scroll through presets while keeping the wet-dry mix constant.
Pricing & Availability
MangledVerb is available for immediate purchase and demo from the Eventide website. Through November, Eventide are offering MangledVerb at an introductory price of $49.
Visit the Eventide website for more information.