Russ, Dan and Julian chat through issues and highlights from the week's news as well as the usual Pro Tools tips, tricks and community questions answered.
Podcast Sponsor - Synchro Arts
This month’s sponsor is Synchro Arts. Synchro Arts ReVoice Pro 3.3 has been nominated for an SOS Award and have asked us to encourage all their users to vote for them. You can vote for them at Sound On Sound
- Save 25% on Zplane ElastiqueAAX Pitch And Time Plug-in - Sale Price £232.50. We are offering 25% off on the groundbreaking zplane élastiqueAAX Pitch and Time plug-in, making it an absolute bargain especially now that Pro Tools 12.8.1 includes the integration of zplane élastiqueAAX into the TCE tool, and can now be selected as the default time stretch algorithm in Pro Tools when using the MultiTool for those who own this superior time stretch plug-in.
- Chromaphone 2 + 8 Sound Bank Bundle - Get over 40% Off - Buy For £221 Chromaphone is a software instrument based on the modelling of acoustic resonators to create drums, percussion, string and hybrid synth-like instruments. Eli, from our sister site Logic Pro Expert, has been using Chromaphone for over a year now and he loves it. Firstly, it’s really intuitive to edit the presets and come up with really interesting creative variations. Secondly and more importantly for him, it stretches his imagination by making it so easy to come up with unusual combinations of resonators and impact generators. This month we are offering a unique bundle adding 8 sound banks and offering 40% off the combined price.
- Get 25% Off The DiGiGrid D Desktop Audio Interface - Limited Stock We don’t often offer hardware deals but DiGiGrid has got some stock of their Desktop SoundGrid Network interface at 25% off for the Pro Tools Expert community. In his review, Julian said, “It is the first part of an expandable system which will grow with your needs and it is of high enough quality to remain useful irrespective of how your system and your expectations grow". So if you are looking to get into the SoundGrid platform check this deal out as Julian recommends the D as a great entry point.
50% off Sonnox Envoution one week only at this price - until the end of October we can offer a deal with our friends at Sonnox on their amazing Envolution Transient and sustain designer plug-in. In his review Dan described Envolution as two plugins in one, capable of subtle or aggressive, all sounding brilliant. This deep discount isn’t available for long so don’t delay.
- Also don’t forget to check out the deals from our Partners, in the Partner Deals section on our Deals page.
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
This month our friends at Universal Audio are offering at least 30% off their range of Unison Enabled plug-ins that capture the essential “sweet spots,” and circuit behaviours of iconic hardware from the likes of Ampeg, API, Fender, Manley, Marshall, Neve and SSL.
- Win Exponential Audio's Industry Standard Surround Reverbs - PhoenixVerb and R2 Surround. Here is a great set of prizes for those working in surround - the industry standard PhoenixVerb Surround and R2 Surround reverbs from Exponential Audio. Exponential Audio punch above their weight, with their reverbs featured on some of the biggest movies from Star Wars to The Hobbit and on countless TV shows, all from a company that has one employee, Michael Carnes. The winner will get the surround versions of both of Michael’s reverb plug-ins the Phoenixverb and R2, and two runners-up will each get a choice of one of these reverb plug-ins.
- Don’t forget to check out our win page, to discover more opportunities to win pro audio software and gear from our Partners, in the Partner Win section, on our Win page.
Community Questions Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
- Steve Lott has bought a second Accel card, it passes Digitest but Pro Tools can't see it.
- Linke Simmons wants to know the best way to remove snare bleed from a kick track.
- Jason Laws wants to know how to remove projects from his Pro Tools Cloud account.
- Barry Addison has a question about tracking through Auto-Tune
- Dave Hammer finds his computer can't run enough VIs, What advice can we offer?
Source Connect Now
As you may know, we are spread out around the UK & Europe when we record the podcast. In the past, we have used a variety of internet-based solutions so we could hear each other. We have settled on Source Connect Now which gives us ISDN equivalent quality audio using a Chrome browser, no software to install. You can get a free account from Source Elements.