Over the course of 2 weeks, you'll be given assignments and videos that will guide you step by step through the entire mixing process. The course will culminate with a live online masterclass where Grammy winner Fab Dupont gives the class feedback on their mixes and then shows how he would mix the song in addition to answering any questions you may have.
The goal of this course is to give your mixing skills a huge boost in a short amount of time and unlike other mixing masterclasses or seminars, for this course, you have to do the work! After the masterclass you'll have a chance to recall your mix, make tweaks and submit your final mix to complete the course.
Enrollment began yesterday and will finish on February 1st. Because of the interactive nature of this course, there are only 30 spots available (and two spots have been sold already at the time of writing) and the sooner you sign up, the sooner you can receive the stems and get to work putting together your first mix.
- WAV file stems that so you can mix the song using your preferred DAW and plugins, the focus of this course is on teaching the theory and techniques, not the tools!
- 2 weeks of focused mixing instruction and guidance to give you inspiration and accountability to drastically improve your mixing skills
- Individual feedback on your first mix, all 4 mixing assignments, and your final mix from a pureMix certified instructor
- 1 day live streaming masterclass with Fab Dupont where he'll give advice on the mixes from the class and then he'll mix the song from scratch while answering any questions you may have
- BONUS: 3 month pureMix Pro Membership - access every tutorial and live stream on pureMix.net
- Price $1299 per seat. Register Here.
- Jan 2nd - As soon as your application is processed you'll receive the song stems to begin familiarizing yourself with the tracks and start giving it your first mix pass.
- Feb 1st - Enrollment Closes - Now the fun begins, you'll be invited to the pureMix virtual classroom where you'll be able to communicate with your pureMix Certified Instructor and classmates. You'll also be given a month of pureMix Pro Membership to view all of the required videos for the course.
- Pre-Test: Starting Reference Mix - The course starts with your first pass of mixing the song, give it your best effort and vision before diving into Fab's methods and techniques.
- Feb 8th Assignment #1: Preparation and References - This assignment will demonstrate the importance of using reference mixes and also musical analysis of the song you are mixing. It will help to establish context and focus for your mix.
- Feb 11th Assignment #2: Find The Focus - The focal point of most mixes lies with nailing the perfect vocal sound. This first assignment will have you working solely on the vocal processing, effects, and placement in a mix.
- Feb 14th Assignment #3: Finding The Power - This assignment will focus on mixing better drums and you'll need to focus on perfecting the drum sound in your mix. From basics of EQ and compression to advanced techniques like parallel compression and effectively using samples.
- Feb 17th Assignment #4: Match The Mix - Using your ears, feedback and instruction you will now work to match your mix as closely as possible to Fab’s final mix of the track.
- Feb 19th LIVE Online Masterclass - Spend the day with Fab as he shares and critiques 3 student mixes, Then mixes the song live, with an in-depth breakdown of each step in his process, before concluding with a Q & A where Fab will answer any questions from the class
- Feb 22nd Final Mix - After the masterclass you will need to complete a follow up mix using techniques, workflows and skills discussed in the live seminar to create your best mix ever! Once you complete your final assignment you'll be given another 2 months of pureMix Pro Membership to keep learning even after the course is finished.