In this video shot from the show floor at NAMM 2017 Pro Tools Expert Deputy Editor, Dan Cooper; Technical Editor, James Ivey and new boy Peter Barter talk you through their highlights of the second day of the show.
- Waves Grand Rhapsody Piano VI the as yet unreleased Waves Grand Rhapsody which features the royal sound of the actual Fazioli F228 grand piano used on Adele’s “Hello” as well as Freddie Mercury at Metropolis Studios and carefully sampled by Waves.
- Slate Virtual Recording Studio Slate Digital have chosen to reveal the result of over two years of development - the Virtual Recording Studio with the the new VRS-8 Virtual Analog Interface and ML-2 modeling microphone.
- Blue Cat Audio PatchWork 2.0 is a "universal plug-ins patchbay" that can host up to 64 third party audio plug-ins, patching them in parallel or series to create chains of effects or virtual instruments that can be reused in any Digital Audio Workstation. It is especially useful for hosting plugins in Pro Tools that are not available in AAX format.
- Line 6 Echo Farm Line 6 are back the same beloved collection of vintage echo effects with Echo Farm 3.0 now available as a 64-bit AAX Native plug-in for Pro Tools 11 and higher
- Ehrlund microphones Göran Ehrlund has been working with sound and recording technology for over 30 years and in the 1980s, he came up with the idea of a triangular microphone membrane in his recording studio. Ehrlund Microphones was started in 2005 by Göran Ehrlund who has now patented his triangular microphone capsule and triangular pickup and the company has delivered mics to studios, live acts and radio stations all around the planet.
- Maag Magnum-K Compressor is a single channel compressor made up of of two compressor sections (MAGNUM COMP and K COMP), a Parallel EQ (with LMF and AIR BAND®), and a Soft Limit (soft limiter).
- Other World Computing - OWC DEC allows users to extend the life and the functionality of their 2016 MacBook Pro. It attaches completely flush to the bottom of the 2016 MacBook Pro, providing additional flash storage and connectivity, which include up to 4TB of additional Flash/SSD storage (for a maximum of 6 TB, including factory capacity), SD Card Slot/Multi-Media card slot, USB 3 Type A Ports for standard USB cabled devices, Gigabit Ethernet and more….
- Chandler REDD Microphone and preamp - Designed by Chandler Limited Founder and Chief Designer, Wade Goeke, the REDD Microphone brings together historic circuitry and the heralded EMI REDD.47 preamplifier sound in a new and unique way with Chandler stressing that the REDD Microphone is not a U-Type clone or derivative of any other microphone.
- Empirical Labs Arousor - The first implementation of this plug-in is “skeuomorphic”, i.e tries to imitate the look and feel of Empirical Labs hardware. But in Digital, say Empirical Labs suddenly things you could never do in the hardware world become simple. Get in on the special Initial Offering deal on their Arousor plug-in, and get these updates for free until 2020.