In this video shot from the show floor at NAMM 2017 Pro Tools Expert Deputy Editor, Dan Cooper and Technical Editor, James Ivey talk you through their highlights of the first day of the show.
- Zynaptiq Wormhole is a new effects processing plugin for creating otherworldy sounds. It combines an eccentric spectral warping section with a lush reverb and precision-engineered processor that integrates pitch and frequency shifting into a single process – offering unique sonic characteristics and near-perfect side-band and carrier suppression. Wormhole is an indispensable tool for sound designers, film composers and and electronic musicians alike.
- Audionamix ADX Trax Pro 3 Audionamix have announced the latest version of their isolation software ADX Trax Pro 3 with improved separation quality, faster processing speeds and enhanced spectral editing features, separating a melody from a mix Audionamix even easier.
- Cloudlifter CL-Z Mic Activator uses phantom power from your preamp to solve an array of common issues with dynamic and ribbon microphones while maximizing your audio quality, making it a must-have box for your studio or live toolset. It’s designed to be a middleman between your mic and preamp, maximizing the signal quality by providing an additional +25dB of ultra-clean gain. This can dramatically improve the sound quality when using preamps that are noisy in their upper gain range, and with long cable runs.
- Lynx Aurora (n) Interface The Aurora(n) is a complete redesign of the Aurora range of interfaces from Lynx, with 14 new models slated to ship in February 2017, which will include models with connectivity options to include Thunderbolt, USB, Dante and Pro Tools HD all in a single rack space.
- Focusrite Bundle Red Range With Pro Tools 12HD DigiLink I/O Licence Focusrite has announced a simpler way for customers to combine Red 4Pre and Red 8Pre interfaces with Pro Tools HD 12.6 and above. If customers buy and register a Red 4Pre or Red 8Pre interface after 18 January 2017, a Pro Tools DigiLink I/O Licence can be placed on their iLok free of charge.
- Pultec EQP-500A 500 series transformer EQ module Modeled directly after the rack-mount EQP-1S3-SS solid-state program equalizer, the Pultec EQP-500S is the exact same unit ported for the 500 Series form factor.