At NAMM 2017 on their booth 6620, Waves Audio have announced the Waves Dugan Speech plugin, the new official software version of the Dugan automixer for automatic control of multiple mic gains, designed for integrated use inside the eMotion LV1 live mixing console.
Dugan Speech is powered by Dan's patented voice-activated process to control the gains of multiple microphones automatically and in real time, and is designed to dramatically reduce noise, feedback and comb filtering from adjacent microphones.
As a result, Dugan Speech ensures that system gain can remain consistent, even when several speakers are talking at the same time. It crossfades, without any signal compression and without using noise gating which could cause undesirable artifacts.
The familiar Dugan automixer interface is incorporated into a designated layer mode within the eMotion LV1 mixing console, which users can easily access from any LV1 channel.
Dugan Speech is a solution aimed at television news and discussion panels, talk shows, faith-based services and events, film and TV dialog recording, conferences, and any other event involving several microphones and participants.
Waves Dugan Speech Plugin Features
- Mixes multiple live microphones automatically and in real time
- Auto-mixes up to 64 channels simultaneously
- Integrates smoothly into the eMotion LV1 live mixer
- Developed in association with Dan Dugan
- Dugan mute/override groups integrated into the LV1 mixer’s Mute function
- Multi-touch compatibility
- Ideal for scenarios involving several participants and microphones
- Price and availability to be confirmed