Lynx have announced at NAMM 2017 that the Aurora(n) is a complete redesign of the Aurora range of interfaces from Lynx, with 14 new models slated to ship in February 2017, which will include models with connectivity options to include Thunderbolt, USB, Dante and Pro Tools HD all in a single rack space.
On Board 32 Channel Recording To Micro SD Card
All units will include a unique onboard micro SD player recorder capable of up to 32 channels of direct recording and playback designed for confidence and field playback and recording.
In addition there will be two 'audiophile grade' headphone outs and a new 1-in 3-out Word clock I/O using Lynx’s second generation SynchroLock-2 sample clock technology are on every unit.
The first three of these modules will include a pre-amp, an analog summing and a digital (AES3+ADAT) module to be released in 2017. As with current Lynx products, new features and capabilities can be added via firmware updates.
Bob Bauman, Co-Owner and Chief Hardware Engineer told us...
We set out to create a new line of converters that improve performance, utility and flexibility of the current Aurora line. It’s taken us a while to top these converters on the performance end, but we’ve used technology borrowed from our Hilo and combined that with the latest FPGA technology to achieve these improvements in transparency, imaging and detail. The result is a converter that not only sounds better, but also offers several unique features we know audio pros will love.
Lynx Co-Founder and Chief Software Engineer David A. Hoatson added...
People always worry when investing in audio gear, especially digital gear, that it will become obsolete tomorrow. We’ve taken strides with Hilo and Aurora to keep current with new firmware updates and new L Slot cards. The Aurora(n) will have all this, plus the ability to later add channels and I/O options like analog summing, digital I/O, preamps and more. It’s a tremendous value for our customers.
Price And Availability
Aurora(n) models will be available February 2017. US Suggested Retail Prices are:
|Number of Channels||USB||HD||Thunderbolt||Dante|
Lynx Aurora (n) Feature Summary
- Complete redesign integrating Hilo Converter Technology (HCT) for analog I/O achieving significant improvements in transparency and reductions of both noise and distortion.
- Available in 8-channel, 16-channel, 24-channel and 32-channel configurations.
- LSlotTM expansion slot for Thunderbolt, Dante, USB, Pro Tools HD connectivity and more.
- Configurable I/O - pre-amp, summing & AES3+ADAT modules to be released in 2017.
- Up to 32-channels of real-time recording and playback via on-board microSD card.
- 2 audiophile-grade headphone outputs
- 1 in/3 out Word clock I/O with Lynx exclusive second generation SynchroLock-2 sample clock technology
- Universal power supply
- Designed and built in the USA