iZotope the makers of software like RX5, Ozone 7, and Nectar 2 have today announced Neutron. We got a small hint of what Neutron can do from the recent release of their free plugin Neutrino. Geared toward simplifying and enhancing the mixing process, Neutron combines the latest innovations in analysis and metering with industry-leading audio processing to deliver unprecedented focus and clarity in your mixes.
iZotope are billing Neutron’s Track Assistant as 'an industry first' feature designed to save you time by listening your audio and recommending custom starting points for your track. The analysis intelligence within Neutron allows Track Assistant to automatically detect instruments, recommend the placement of EQ nodes, and set optimal settings for other modules. But don't worry, this is not mixing by numbers, you still maintain full control over all your mix decisions, but Track Assistant gives you more time to focus on what’s most important — your creative take on the mix.
Track Assistant is not the only 'industry first' feature in Neutron. The Masking Meter allows you to visually identify and fix what iZotope call 'perceptual frequency collisions' between instruments. We have all had the scenario when mixing that one instrument is covering up, or masking another instrument or track. For example, guitars masking lead vocals, bass covering up drums, and many other issues that can cause a “muddy” or overly crowded mix. The Masking Meter alerts you to the problem areas so you can resolve the issues.
Mark Ethier, CEO and co-founder of iZotope told us...
With Neutron, we’re introducing a new mixing paradigm by providing music producers and audio post professionals with a smarter way to mix. The advanced technology within the software has an intelligence that isn’t the standard, one-size-fits-all mixing solution — Neutron is smart, but you’re still in charge.
Neutron can be used on every track, offering zero-latency, CPU-efficient performance. With an industry leading static /dynamic EQ, two multiband Compressors, a multiband Transient Shaper, a multiband Exciter, and a True Peak Limiter, users will hear clearer results in less time.
Exclusive Initial Thoughts And Experiences Of Neutron
We also have an exclusive story on our initial thoughts of iZotope's Neutron. Mike and Russ have been granted exclusive access to Neutron ahead of its release so check out what we think about Neutron from iZotope.
Neutron’s Key Features
- Automatically detect different instruments - like vocals, dialogue, guitar, bass, and drums - and then apply the spectral shaping technology within Neutrino to provide subtle clarity and balance to each track.
- Get recommendations for optimal starting points using Track Assistant, including EQ nodes, compressor thresholds, saturation types, and multiband crossover points, so you can mix with confidence.
- Carve out sonic space with the revolutionary Masking Meter to help each instrument sit better in the mix.
- Create the perfect mix with five essential mixing processors integrated into one CPU-efficient channel strip, packed with both clean digital and warm vintage-flavored processing.
- Surround Support [Advanced Only] for audio post professionals that need to enhance the audio for picture experience.
- Individual plugins [Advanced Only] available for the Equalizer, Compressor, Transient Shaper, and Exciter
Neutron Pricing & Availability
Neutron and Neutron Advanced will be available October 5, 2016 and on sale until October 31st 2016
- Neutron will be available for $199 USD (reg.$249) and 189 Euro (reg. 229 Euro)
- Neutron Advanced will be available for $299 USD (reg. $349) and 270 Euro (reg. 325 Euro)
- Music Production Bundle 2 will be available for $499 USD (reg. $699) and 459 Euro (reg. 645 Euro)
Neutron Advanced will also be available as part of iZotope’s new Music Production Bundle 2. This incredible value combines iZotope’s latest products with its most popular tools including Ozone 7 Advanced, Nectar 2 Production Suite, VocalSynth, Trash 2 Expanded, RX Plug-in Pack, and Insight.
Upgrade pricing will be available on iZotope’s website, and owners of previous versions of Music Production Bundle will find their upgrade coupons in their iZotope accounts.