Audinate, the makers of Dante have updated their Dante Via Product to version 1.1 introducing significant new features including increased channel count, a mixer and ASIO support.
Dante Via 1.1 New Features
- Multi-channel Support - Now supports 16 channels of audio for each running application
- ASIO Support - Full support for ASIO devices, applications on Windows, and Core Audio on OSX
- Mixer Panel - enables level adjustments of multiple sources that are combined at stereo destinations
- Append Channels Feature - automatically assigns sources to available channels when connecting to multi-channel destinations, allowing for quick and logical routing to DAWs and mixers
- Device Lock - prevents unwanted changes to Dante Via from other computers on the network
This is exciting news as it removes the most significant restrictions from the previous version of Via as well as introducing features which were unavailable in Via or Virtual Soundcard.
What Is Dante Via?
Dante Via is a product which allows any qualifying computer to become a node on a Dante network, passing uncompressed, low latency multichannel audio over standard network hardware. Unlike Dante Virtual Soundcard, Dante Via doesn't need any Dante equipped hardware to supply a clock master and so, unlike Dante Virtual Soundcard, can be used to build software-only Dante networks. To find out more about Dante Via see my review.
Dante Via 1.1 is available for download at the Audinate website.