LANDR are perhaps best known for online mastering services. LANDR have released a new online tool that aims to help people share and collaborate music in Music Production.
Our Initial Thoughts
Team member Alan Sallabank has taken a quick look at this new service and here are his initial thoughts...
The tools for sharing material with others online have been around for quite sometime, but they come with a raft of issues, that LANDR are hoping to address with their new integrated file sharing service.
When I send material online, there are five main issues I regularly find -
- Depending on the service used, you don't know if the file has been downloaded
- You don't know if the file has been listened to (or watched)
- You have no control over how long that file is available for
- If a file transfer service like WeTransfer, you have no control over subsequent sharing or forwarding
- I have been in the position before of wanting to send clients as good a quality review file as possible, without actually giving them the master file before they have paid.
For me LANDR appears to tick all the boxes.
For A Limited Time?
My only issue with this new service is buried a little in the all important Terms & Conditions. The file sharing service is included free "for a limited time" with all their subscription levels, including the free option. However, I can't find any mention of how long that period will be, and what the pricing structure will be in the future.
In the meantime, it's worth a shot in my opinion.
Please let us know your experiences in the comments.